Club Cobra

Club Cobra (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/)
-   BackDraft Racing --- (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/backdraft-racing/)
-   -   302 to 351. What needs to be modified? (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/backdraft-racing/58273-302-351-what-needs-modified.html)

got snake? 10-25-2004 05:25 PM

302 to 351. What needs to be modified?

If I get a BDR with a 302 set up what needs to be changed to make a 351 fit? Engine mounts and headers only? Will the hole for the pipes be ok or do they need to be modified?

Sid

chuckmynatt 10-25-2004 07:10 PM

I beleive engine mounts are interchangable. Headers are interchangeable however due to the taller deck of the 351, the top of the hole will probably need to be raised slightly. A dremmel tool with a sanding drum, and a steady hand will do the trick.

Chuck

Boudy 11-05-2004 06:29 PM

The headers and engine mounts are the same. However, the hole will probably need to be trimmed out on the top side. Depends on how it was trimmed on initial installation of the 302. I haven't used a dremel, I use an air say with the fine blade on it.

Boudy

Boudy 11-05-2004 06:29 PM

The headers and engine mounts are the same. However, the hole will probably need to be trimmed out on the top side. Depends on how it was trimmed on initial installation of the 302. I haven't used a dremel, I use an air say with the fine blade on it.

Boudy

CSCHWER 11-06-2004 05:17 AM

Hey Boudy,

Do you have any headers for the 302/351 with a diameter greater than 1-5/8" that will fit the stock side pipes?

Chet

cschwer@atlanticbb.net

got snake? 11-06-2004 05:31 AM

Cool thanks for the info Boudy!

Boudy 11-09-2004 11:25 PM

Sorry. I don't have the headers. Most guys running AFR 205s, for example, are having headers made. It runs about $1,000 or so. Sounds expensive but if you're building a motor that truly needs such headers, $1,000 is a drop in the bucket to what you're already spending.

Boudy

tfarhood 11-10-2004 03:06 PM

The Dremel tool with a sanding drum works great. I did my own install and made the holes the right size in about 15 minutes each. If you hold a shop vac close to the hole, you won't have any clean-up after either. The Dremel is priceless for this task.:)