Club Cobra

Club Cobra (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/)
-   Bay Area Cobra Club (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/bay-area-cobra-club/)
-   -   new windshield (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/bay-area-cobra-club/114527-new-windshield.html)

mike harter 02-24-2012 09:10 AM

new windshield

Does anybody know how hard it is the install a complete windshield in a superformance chassis # 1723. I have heard that sometimes the bolts do not line up when replacing. Thnx mike

jhv48 02-24-2012 10:02 AM

Piece of cake. Two people can do it easily.

Mine lined right up with the mounting holes.

scootter 02-26-2012 09:05 PM

I did mine by myself. Probably would have been easier with two people. It was fairly easy.

Scott

mike harter 02-27-2012 07:39 PM

Hi Scott does your chassis#1436 have the center rod down the center of the windshield? Where do you live in South San Jose. I am at Blossom Hill and hwy. 101 Royal blue with white stripes. Did you take the windshield to a glass shop to be installed after you removed it? Thnx. Mike

scootter 02-27-2012 08:21 PM

Mine does have the center rod. I live right by Santa Teresa High school. Do you have Greg's car?
I removed the frame and windshield, then installed it my self on the work bench.
Scott

PANAVIA 02-28-2012 02:11 AM

There were some changes to the windows about then --replacing the windshield is not that hard - swapping the glass in the frame was not fun on 2734. -- as it was urathened in from the factory.

Greg tripp 02-28-2012 07:56 PM

Hey Scott,
Yep Mike bought my baby. sure miss her! Hey Mike...what happened to the windshield and paint? Did you also replace the motor?. I still have the factory touch-up paint for color match you wanted. Give me a call if you want it.

Greg **)

mike harter 02-29-2012 04:03 PM

Greg let me know if you need me to get your FRP panels for you. Mike Harter

mike harter 02-29-2012 04:15 PM

Scott i have been told that it takes 3-4 hours to do the windshield beacuse it is installed at the factory with urathane (looks like rubber to me) yours would be the same as mine how long did it take you after the frame was out of the car? Yes i have Gregs car and i love it. Thnx. Mike

scootter 03-01-2012 09:42 PM

Mine only has a rubber seal.

mike harter 03-01-2012 09:58 PM

checked mine also it has a rubber seal. Ordered windshield today and will have it on Monday Thnx. Mike

PANAVIA 03-03-2012 10:55 AM

At some point , the factory could not obtain the correct thickness of window gasket strip.

example , 2734 was urathaned in 4 - 6 points in pretty heavily.

even with a heat gun and 2 people it was a bear.

That brass frame can tweak faster than you can say "rubber biscuit".

The SPF window glass was only .1900" thick, which is a little thin. you have to make up for it in gasket.

I did not enjoy doing mine. -

mike harter 03-03-2012 06:50 PM

Thnx. Steve is the polyglass the same as shell valley sales for $459.99 that wont scratch or crack. Thnx. Mike

PANAVIA 03-05-2012 01:52 AM

nope - other cobras are different; the SPF has a higher "Cowl-Center" ( For Larger engines ) --so it has to be cut specifically for a SPF.

and then there are 2 different SPF windows - pre 1100 and post 1100 ( or thereabouts )

PANAVIA 03-05-2012 02:02 AM

nope - other cobras are different; the SPF has a higher "Cowl-Center" ( For Larger engines ) --so it has to be cut specifically for a SPF.

and then there are 2 different SPF windows - pre 1100 and post 1100 ( or thereabouts )

emberglo66 03-05-2012 04:57 AM

Contact: Cobra Valley for a Poly windshield, cut correctly for your chassis #

Cobra Valley's PolyGlass Hi-Performance Windshields