10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Old 07-26-2002, 07:46 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: CSX3193, replica 289 Cobra and replica Daytona Coupe Cobra
Not Ranked     
Default Alone for breakfast at Athens on 7/27/02?

One of the primary objectives when the Bay Area Cobra breakfast group was started was to have a consistent time and place for the get-together. Athens Burgers has accomodated us in this respect for over two years. The "same time, same place" idea has allowed newcomers to drop in on Saturday mornings knowing that short of a monsoon there will always be someone with a Cobra at Athens and has allowed the group to grow significantly since the first breakfast.

Although it is great that alternative breakfast locations are offered, my concern is that if this is done on a regular basis it will have a tendency to confuse the meeting location for newcomers and those who don't check the forum on a regular basis.

I might be alone, but I will be at Athens for breakfast on Saturday 7/27/02.

Chuck
Old 07-26-2002, 07:49 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Heck Chuck, if I can drag my old arse out of bed for the second Saturday in a row, I may bring the Z and a camera and we'll do some disrespectful comparison shots! The ROADSTER is still in drydock.

TT
Old 07-26-2002, 08:06 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Chuck....
I live in Vallejo, so if I can get my big behind out of bed, I'll try get down there by 7-7:30. I will just have to give up on the Tour de France live coverage.
Lew

Last edited by Lew the taxman; 07-26-2002 at 08:08 PM..
Old 07-26-2002, 09:56 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Location: Sunny California! Err...Make that Foggy California!!,
Send a message via Yahoo to stickanddice
Not Ranked     

Cool!

I'll be there too...for the first time.

I wasn't planning on going because I thought you'd all be in Danville. But is sounds like there will be some of you out there!

Don't have a Cobra, but definitely thinking of getting one (for about two years now).
Old 07-26-2002, 10:34 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: spf / 351W / motor by Elliot
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally posted by Lew the taxman
Chuck....
I live in Vallejo, so if I can get my big behind out of bed, I'll try get down there by 7-7:30. I will just have to give up on the Tour de France live coverage.
Lew
Lew,

The tour de france ! What a sacrififice !!!!
U DA MAN !!!

hope to see you again soon,

joe kennedy
Old 07-29-2002, 11:31 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

If we do hold an offsite meeting we really should let Athen's know so they can adjust their staff.

Stan
Old 07-29-2002, 11:49 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: TBD
Not Ranked     

Hi guys,

The events Kent puts on are fun but, I agree the mainstay of the BACC is Athens for consistency and all of the reasons mentioned above. I have in the past let the folks at Athens know that we would not be there with a large group to not have them incur staff and food costs when we don't show.

The Athens owners have been good friends for the last 2 1/2 years and we need to maintain that relationship.

Tony R.
Old 07-29-2002, 12:29 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Tony,

I agree.

Stan
Old 07-30-2002, 11:42 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPF #792, 428FE, Green---1965 GT350R Clone
Send a message via AIM to fitzroyk
Not Ranked     

Chuck,
I to agree with you and others. Athen has supported us as we support them. Kent and DJ's can maybe still be implemented by dinner once a month or so. They are offering a dinner next month with music, wine and whatever. Would this be a way of maintaining Saturdays undisturbed at Athen's and do an off-site gathering as well? Just thinking out loud!
SeeYa........
Fitz............