Club Cobra

Club Cobra (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/)
-   Bowtie Snakes (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/bowtie-snakes/)
-   -   Emergency brake,Power brakes on EM (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/bowtie-snakes/10456-emergency-brake-power-brakes-em.html)

Ratsnake 08-21-2001 05:15 PM

Emergency brake,Power brakes on EM

Does anybody with an Everette Morrison w/corvette IRS know what handle and cable works?Mine came without one and it's time to put one on!Also,has anybody converted to power brakes?What booster fits under the cowl? Thanks for any info!

Cobra2 08-22-2001 04:52 AM

Ratsnake, I used the powerbooster and master cylinder from E-M. (be sure and use performance friction brake pads). And I used a lokar emerbrake lever with a stock corvette cable. 5k miles later and everything is working great.

AustinFairway 08-22-2001 07:47 AM

It all depends on which year corvette you used. I have a '92 which has self adjusting brakes and have not been able to find a solution that works well. I understand earlier models can be adjusted correctly.

Definatley put on Z-rated Carbon Metalic pads. Before I put them on my brakes we squissy and I didn't feel safe. Now no problem stopping

Ratsnake 11-20-2001 07:24 PM

Cobra2 and Austin Fairway,
Thanks for your info and sorry so long responding,been busy rebuilding my engine!Cobra2,where did you locate your lever?Also I haven't seen where to attach the cable housing to the backing plate,is there a bolt-on bracket that maybe I'm missing?
Thanks again!

Tom

Cobra2 11-20-2001 07:50 PM

Ratsnake. I mounted the lever on top of the console just to the right of center and toward the back but where I can reach it comfortably. There is a bracket on the calipers that holds the end of the e-brake cable housing. The cable setup is stock corvette supplied by EM, it consist of two cables and an equalizer bracket. The cables come around the trailing arms tight but seem to work just fine. I believe I modified the front cable to lever hookup with a cable stop that came with the lever.
Type in this URL to see a pic of the lever installed.
http://www.geocities.com/bourbonstreet/3683/finin1.jpg

Ratsnake 11-20-2001 08:38 PM

Cobra2,
Can't bring your picture up,says page is unavailable. I could see a little of it on your build site.Thanks again for your info,looks like I need a trip to a salvage yard for some brackets. Did you ever sell your Cobra?Great looking! Wish I had seen it before I bought mine,wouldn't be having to do all this work!Didn't have any of the finishing touches,wipers,park brake,did have a pretty hot bigblock though!

Tom

Cobra2 11-21-2001 04:07 AM

Ratsnake, I havn't sold it yet. The pic is the same as the one on the build site. I'm getting ready to put the earlier front end under it to move the front wheels inboard a bit. If you know anyone wanting this later front suspension let them know about it please.