Club Cobra

Club Cobra (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/)
-   Bowtie Snakes (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/bowtie-snakes/)
-   -   Dreamin bout Webers (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/bowtie-snakes/12466-dreamin-bout-webers.html)

Ratsnake 11-20-2001 07:40 PM

Thinking about Webers

I'm getting tired of fighting my 2 rich running Holleys,can't seem to lean them out enough at idle to keep my wife from b****in' about her eyes burnin'! Does anyone with a BB Bowtie with a big cam run Webers?Will they be any more or less trouble to tune and sync?
Foremost,are they worth the $ ? The looks are almost worth it alone!
Thanks,
Tom

BT SNAKE 11-21-2001 09:55 PM

Tom, I noticed that you live in Virginia. It's pretty mountainous around there. Those webbers do not like altitude changes. The higher you go the more fuel they burn. They also will start coughung and popping too. I had webbers on my SBC for 6yrs and they were great until I moved out to Phoenix from Indiana. When I drove it out here and hit the mountains it was really something. I had to stop for gas twice as often. When I went down into the Valley things got back to normal as the altitude is much lower.
I agree, they are pretty to look at. I have this FI system that is going onto my GT40. They look like webbers but no problems.

Hersh:)

Ratsnake 11-26-2001 12:56 PM

BT,The area I live and play in(Eastern), is not very mountanous,but that's good to know.Can you tell me more about your FI system?Do you need a complete computer control system with it with all the sensors to control the mixture?
Thanks for your advise!

Tom

BT SNAKE 11-26-2001 04:39 PM

Tom,
I have the wolf ECM to control the fuel and the timing. I have not used it as yet. I do have EFI on my cobra with a control module
and I love it. Being able to fine tune your system for weather, racing or economy is the best. There is a learning curve involved but it's worth it and not that difficult.
Wayne Presley who is a member on this board is now the North
American distributor for the fuel system that I have. Talk to him and see if he can set you up.

Hersh:)

Cal Metal 12-14-2001 10:44 AM

The altitude issue is just a matter of jetting. A Holly wouldn't work any better at 10,000 ASL than the Webers. Ther is no difference, really, between running them on a SB Chev than a SB Ford. Check out the search button on CC, you will find tons of info on the Webers.

Ratsnake 12-18-2001 03:31 PM

It's hard to believe there's no one out there running Webers on a BB Chevy!Oh well,Guess I might be the first!

BT,that's a great looking system you've got,however I kinda wanted to stay away from the computer controled systems.

Any body need a nice 2x4 intake and carbs? http://community.webshots.com/storag...OrLXpei_ph.jpg