Club Cobra

Club Cobra (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/)
-   Bowtie Snakes (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/bowtie-snakes/)
-   -   Engine Bay Pics (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/bowtie-snakes/90602-engine-bay-pics.html)

redss454 08-25-2008 08:04 AM

Engine Bay Pics

I'm looking for pictures of engine bays with Chevy mills in it (preferably BBC's) and the kind of kit you used. I was looking at a Cobra yesterday, and I had an idea about moving the motor up as far as possible, then modifying the foot box/trans tunnel to make it easier to fit in for me (6'4" 235 with 13.5 EEEE shoes:)). Is this even possible? The car I saw it on had a 5.0 F*rd, so it was quite a bit smaller then a BBC.

Thanks,
Chris

Clois Harlan 08-25-2008 08:11 AM

Look at an Everett Morrison or Lone Star. They are both streetch bodies and I have seen at least one BBC in an Everett Morrison. I sat in an EM 460 BBF and there didn't seem to be any issues with room in fact I am 6' 0" and I had to move the seat forward to reach the pedals comfortably.

Good luck with your quest.

Clois

Tim Brewer 08-25-2008 08:19 AM

The last thing you want to ever do, is move a big block "as far forward as possible".

Got the Bug 08-25-2008 09:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by redss454 (Post 873397)
I'm looking for pictures of engine bays with Chevy mills in it (preferably BBC's) and the kind of kit you used. I was looking at a Cobra yesterday, and I had an idea about moving the motor up as far as possible, then modifying the foot box/trans tunnel to make it easier to fit in for me (6'4" 235 with 13.5 EEEE shoes:)). Is this even possible? The car I saw it on had a 5.0 F*rd, so it was quite a bit smaller then a BBC.

Thanks,
Chris

Why go through so many mods to accomodate the motor and your height vs. finding a car that you like and are comfortable in?

redss454 08-25-2008 10:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Got the Bug (Post 873427)
Why go through so many mods to accomodate the motor and your height vs. finding a car that you like and are comfortable in?

I've thought about looking into the LWB cars, as well as the ones on the 'vette chassis. I'm not to sure that I like the look of them, as they appear (online at least) stretched out. I'd like to see one in person before I pulled the trigger. I'm just looking for another option.

Thanks,
Chris

ratsnst1 08-26-2008 08:09 PM

check out my pics, I have a older everett morrisson, with a big block chevy, Its a very clean engine bay, no clutter , the fire wall is the same coler as the car, with nothing mounted on it, just the heater hoses go thrue it.

Ls6venom 08-26-2008 09:07 PM

http://www.clubcobra.com/photopost/s...0&ppuser=24221

I know its not a big block but still a cheby :) my car is also a Everett-morrison 90" wheel base, im 6'2 and its a tight fit...

wyocobra 10-28-2008 11:27 AM

I'm running a 454 in my Lone Star "comp" 427 (has recessed floorpanels) with a TH400 auto. Plenty of leg and foot space. No clutch pedal, even though the kit came with a Tilton clutch/brake combo. I'm 6ft 185# and have trouble reaching my dimmer switch.

PANAVIA 12-09-2008 02:13 AM

superformance with modded seats and you will be fine.

oh and unless you are ready for a valuation hit, please reconsider the BBC.

Aussie Mike 12-09-2008 02:54 AM

Mines not a Big Block either but it makes plenty of go and weighs half as much.

http://www.clubcobra.com/photopost/data/500/LS1a.jpg

Cheers

52chevyred 12-09-2008 05:05 PM

Have you already mounted your seats and pedals? I'm not as tall as you, but my legs are plenty long and I'm pushing 270 pounds.

After reading many posts on Club Cobra, you will find the key is getting the seat at the correct height and angle, etc.

I have a Street Beasts and if I tried to sit on the floor, without seats, I couldn't straighten my legs. I hadn't "located" the forward cockpit either, at that time. I gained 4" in foot room, when it was located correctly. The foot box is only about 14" wide and where the brake/clutch pedals are is about 8": it's going to be tight.

I don't think any of these kits have foot room like your "daily driver".

Good Luck!