Club Cobra

Club Cobra (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/)
-   Capital Area Cobra Club (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/capital-area-cobra-club/)
-   -   Capital Area Cobra Club (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/capital-area-cobra-club/13808-capital-area-cobra-club.html)

Wade Chamberlain 01-14-2002 08:40 AM

Capital Area Cobra Club

Thanks Brent! :D For setting up a separate forum area for the Capital Area Cobra Club.

We're an active group with 50+ members and 20+ Cobras. All makes welcomed. Most of our members are from Northern VA, Washington DC, Maryland, and Delaware. We get together often for cruises, cookouts, parties, etc.

We've been communicating with each other via a yahoo group, but have missed some newcomers because of it. So, come on out and join us! No need to own a Cobra, you just have to be an enthusiast.

Fair warning though, we've got some crazy folks in the group! :D:D:D

Cobra20646 01-14-2002 11:12 AM

Oh Yeah!

Wade.... you said "Fair warning though, we've got some crazy folks in the group! "

Must be talking about the Northern Virginia contingent:rolleyes:

Everyone knows that the group from the other side of the Potomac river is more refined and layed back.

Must be all that polluted air your breathing over there:3DSMILE: :3DSMILE: :3DSMILE:

Thanks Brent for hosting a place on your site. And thanks to Wade for getting this together too.

- Jim -

sbrookeinmd 01-14-2002 12:12 PM

I have to agree with you on that Jim. Seems like all the nutjobs (and I mean that in the most affectionate way) are on the other side of the river! :D They are crazy enough to pay property taxes on their cars after all! :LOL:

Tom Wells 01-14-2002 12:59 PM

Let me add my thanks too, Brent!

As to the MD-VA discussion, us in DC are, as an acquaintance used to say

"Honest officer, we were just sittin' in the back seat singin' hymns!"

Tom

BLACKJACK 01-14-2002 08:55 PM

HUH????

CRAZY ? WHADDA YA MEAN CRAZY ?? WHOSE CALLIN WHOM CRAZY ?? YOU WANNA SEE CRAZY ?? I GOT YOUR CRAZY??

THE WHOLE DARN CONTINGENT ESCAPED EN MASS FROM ST. ELIZABETHS AND STARTED BUYING UP ALL THESE FUNNY, NOISEY LITTLE CARS.

I MEAN - WE GOT YOUR SCHIZOIDS, WE GOT YOUR MANICS, A FEW SOCIOPATHS AND A REASONABLE COLLECTION OF PSYCHOPATHS.

AND BESIDES - - IN VIRGINIA - - IF YOU REGISTER IT CORRECTLY YOU DO NOT HAVE TO PAY PROPERTY TAX ON YOUR COBRA.

NOT ONLY THAT - - YOU TALK ABOUT CARD CARRYING, CERTIFIABLE, BONE HEADED IDIOTS - - WE EVEN HAVE A "BOY OWNER" OF A PROFESSIONAL SPORTS FRANCHISE WHO JUST FIRED THE MOST PROMISSING COACH SINCE JOE GIBBS (WHO, B.T.W., HAD THE IDENTICAL RECORD AS A FIRST YEAR COACH). HE FIRED HIM - NOT BECAUSE OF HIS RECORD BUT BECAUSE THE BOY OWNER THOUGHT THAT HE NEW MORE ABOUT FOOTBALL THAN ONE OF THE MOST EXPERIENCED AND SUCCESSFUL COACHES AND PLAYERS IN THE NFL. NOW - BY GAWD - THAT'S "CRAZY".

MY HEAD HURTS. WHY DOES MY HEAD HURT ?? - - WHERE ARE THOSE VOICES COMMING FROM ?? WHERE THE HECK DID I LEAVE MY PROZAC???

Y'ALL HAVE A REALLY GREAT DAY,

BLACKJACK

BobLennon 01-15-2002 10:26 AM

Capital Area Cobra Club Christmas Party Photos uploaded to Yahoo

Great Group of Great People.

I've just uploaded 16 photos from the Holiday Party.

The following should take you there!

http://photos.groups.yahoo.com/group...c=gr%26.view=t

Eat Mice 02-01-2002 08:46 AM

Aaahhhh. I found you. I just submitted something to join the Yahoo Group for the club. I would say that you guys might want to start using this as your main discussion board. This was a lot easier to find as a newbie... Just a thought. Looking forward to meeting some other fellow Cobra owners...

BLACKJACK 02-01-2002 09:01 AM

YUP

HEY DOUG,

I JUST ESPONDED TO YOUR POST ON "DVSF II" CARAVAN.

WELCOME AGAIN,

B.J.

Cobra20646 02-01-2002 11:29 AM

Hi Doug,
And let me welcome you to our little group too.
I don't know if you've already received an answer to where we are staying when we get to the DVSF, but I think most of us got in early and got rooms at the Comfort Inn. The other two hotels are still posting rooms available, just be sure to mention that you are part of the DVSF group. These two hotels are within spitting distance of the Comfort Inn, so we'll all still be together... sort of. Last year the "cooler" was in my room....... your all welcome to come back too. I think I got the same room as last year, so you won't have trouble finding us:D :D
- Jim -

CobraEd 02-01-2002 11:37 AM

Doug, I passed on your information. You are now part of the club. Your Mouseketeer ears will be arriving in the mail shortly.

Eat Mice 02-04-2002 05:56 AM

Got my room

Thanks for the welcome and info everyone. I got myself and my father both a room at the Fairfield Inn Columbus West (hopefully it's close to the Comfort Inn). Looking forward to seeing everyone there. Got to get out and meet a few people Sunday morning. Enjoyed it, but I think the blood is still moving a little slow from the grease...