Club Cobra

Club Cobra (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/)
-   Chattanooga Cobra Club (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/chattanooga-cobra-club/)
-   -   Moving to Knoxville - Re-Tune Needed! (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/chattanooga-cobra-club/144921-moving-knoxville-re-tune-needed.html)

Boileau43 06-10-2021 06:27 AM

Moving to Knoxville - Re-Tune Needed!

I am moving to the Knoxville area at the end of June with my Backdraft Racing Cobra from Colorado. Looking to find a quality shop to get this baby tuned now that she will have AIR :eek: again!! This is a 427 with the 8 independent FI so it's a joy to get tuned just right. Any suggestions in the Knoxville or Eastern TN area that can help would be appreciated. Thanks and I look forward to crossing paths with Club Members soon. Al

eschaider 06-10-2021 02:10 PM

If your EFI system supports Mass Air Flow fuel management, converting from Speed Density to Mass Air would eliminate the requirement you are now faced with. More significantly it would auto compensate for atmospheric change wherever you are because it measures the mass of air the engine is using to determine the correct mass of fuel to inject.

Alternatively you can retain the Speed Density fueling model and just visit your local dyno tuning shop to adjust for atmospheric change whenever you need to.

incoming 06-10-2021 04:21 PM

Where exactly are you moving to? I'm reaching out to some of my "brothers" in the area. I frequent the Newport, Cosby, and Parrottsville area.

DealsGapCobra 02-18-2022 01:58 PM

I don't get on this forum often so will have to say a belated "Welcome to Knoxville!"

I hope you got the tuning worked out on your car and have enjoyed some of the wonderful roads in the area.

incoming 03-24-2023 05:38 AM

troll alert

Ivygreen65 03-24-2023 06:31 AM

Al,

I live in Knoxville and may know someone who can help. He’s not a Cobra guy, but he is the local authority/mechanic on all thing British cars and has a great reputation. PM me and I’ll give you his contact info so you can touch base with him and see if can be a resource for you.

Stacy

twobjshelbys 03-24-2023 11:20 AM

You all realize the original post was almost two years ago and the OP is long gone...

Ivygreen65 03-24-2023 01:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by twobjshelbys (Post 1515807)
You all realize the original post was almost two years ago and the OP is long gone...

Oops.

Alfa02 03-24-2023 03:22 PM

That one went over my head too, Thanks Tony ;)

KarlzEE Bebout 03-24-2023 07:03 PM

"That one went over my head too, Thanks Tony "

No too aware of your surroundings are you. :eek:

Alfa02 03-24-2023 11:02 PM

Is Someone talking, I can hear voice's %/ Hello :confused: