Club Cobra Gas - N Exhaust  

Go Back   Club Cobra > Manufacturers, Engine Builders, tools, and parts. > Classic Roadsters II

MMG Superformance
Nevada Classics
MMG Superformance
Main Menu
Module Jump:
Nevada Classics
Nevada Classics
Keith Craft Racing
MMG Superformance
Advertise at CC
Banner Ad Rates
MMG Superformance
Keith Craft Racing
MMG Superformance
Keith Craft Racing
March 2024
S M T W T F S
          1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Old 05-04-2010, 09:41 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: CRII with a Stroked Windsor
Not Ranked     

Well if it stays that way for a while when I liquidate my stocks I may very well be interested.
Old 06-18-2010, 10:00 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

I see the web site is back up does anyone know what is going on?
I am new here but have a classic's healy kit.
Old 06-18-2010, 10:47 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: CRII 351W/408 Stroker
Send a message via AIM to capteddie
Not Ranked     

A simple whois returns the info below on the domain. Looks like the database was just updated today.

Registrant:

classicroadsters
POBOX 388
Fargo, ND 58107
US

Domain Name: CLASSICROADSTERS.COM

------------------------------------------------------------------------
Promote your business to millions of viewers for only $1 a month
Learn how you can get an Enhanced Business Listing here for your
domain name.
Learn more at http://www.NetworkSolutions.com/
------------------------------------------------------------------------

Administrative Contact, Technical Contact:
Hachiya, Tom thachiya@fuse.net
2363 Shimmering Bay
Cincinnati, OH 45244
US
513-474-1152

Record expires on 12-Dec-2010.
Record created on 11-Dec-1996.
Database last updated on 18-Jun-2010 13:28:02 EDT.

Domain servers in listed order:

NS4.INSPIRED4MEDIA.COM
NS3.INSPIRED4MEDIA.COM
Old 06-18-2010, 10:53 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Professional Cobra & Streetrod Builder
Send a message via AIM to Double Venom
Not Ranked     

Cpt.,
Before rumors start running rampant, Tom H. has owned the name on the net since DV 1! Don was supposed to pay Tom for all the work he did for the Flings and also to pay the cost of the website. Never happened, don't know why it has taken so long but Tom H. told me he was filing for the name months ago!

Now IF we could talk Tom into being an owner or partner (?)...............

DV
Old 06-19-2010, 08:00 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

So why have a web site up and running on a dead buisness?
It is just bad press, is it not?
Old 06-19-2010, 08:18 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Hermn...
Tom H. never had the business or intended to run the business. He was only helping out with the "Fling". (I don't recognize your name so I assume you weren't a Flinger?) Tom has just paid for the name and I ASSUME the web site is continuing to run since it is paid for. I would think in time, Tom would shut it down.???
DV
Old 08-16-2010, 11:34 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Cobra Maker
Send a message via AIM to Bill E Send a message via Yahoo to Bill E
Not Ranked     

We have been doing a lot of work on the CR's Most of the part we have for our first gen cars will fit. I can provide body sections for repairs and frames that will work under a CR skin with some work. We have up graded a few CR's to world class racers as well. We do not build kits. We can support most of the stuff on the CR's. If you are not in a rush.
Old 08-16-2010, 02:47 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Classic Roadsters '66 427 Replica-SOLD
Not Ranked     

Mine is FOR SALE if any of you know anyone interested!!??
Old 08-16-2010, 09:07 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: 91, 65 CR 427 289 or 302
Not Ranked     

Not sure this is the thread to ask this question but someone was talking about the quality of the CR II LTD. I have a 91 CR built 427 with a 302, etc. Has anyone ever felt they needed to reinforce the original bodys? Maybe add some metal strips or brackets anywhere? Would anyone suggest it?

Also has anyone covered up the holes in the top of the doors that are for the side curtains? I'd like to do that but I don't know what to use. Maybe a snap-in chrome or black round cap of some kind? Any suggestions? I have a top but no side curtains.

jim
Old 08-16-2010, 09:10 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: None, sold it
Not Ranked     

Jim,
You can search McMaster-Carr www.mcmaster.com and you might find something that will work.

Last edited by tcrist; 08-18-2010 at 08:50 AM..
Old 08-17-2010, 03:36 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Jim,
Cpt. eddies was one of the last if not THE LAST BODY made by CR II. Turned out it did have numerous "thin" spots in the body that needed reinforced. But after thirty plus years it is the only body that I have seen that actually needed cut and re-enforced. Normally CR one of the strongest bodies on the market.

No reinforcements needed.

Filing the window mounting holes: Do NOT use regular body filler! it WILL shrink after time and show up on your paint job! Instead, grind out a small area round each hole, going through the Gel-Coat then use Mar-glass or Duraglass type body filler and fill the holes making sure you use a punch, pencil, something to force the body filler to the bottom of the hole. Do this in two steps allowing the second step to also fill in the newly ground out area, Finish as normal, prime and block. That should do it---a very common process.

s
Old 08-17-2010, 07:46 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Classic Roadster
Not Ranked     

Hey DV this is Arcenio,
The Black Cobra w/ the full roll bar.

Need to talk to you breifly, sending you a private message.

Thanks

The older I get, the faster I was........

So now I'm so fast apparently I appear to be standing still.

Last edited by snake oil; 08-17-2010 at 07:53 AM.. Reason: Cannot post pics
Old 08-17-2010, 03:27 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Thanks DV. I don't think I want to plug them permanently. Just maybe put some kind of attractive caps over the holes. Snap-in maybe. Thought perhaps someone had done that. Maybe you all have side curtains and leave them open.

Also thought maybe there are some stress points on the bodies that may weaken over time (my body is 19 years old) and I could get the jump on them.

jim
Old 08-18-2010, 06:39 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: CLASSIC ROADSTERS 302
Not Ranked     

jimhurtt, for capping the holes of side curtain go to your local auto paint store and ask for fender liner push ins they are black caps with a short rigid stem they come in different sizes if it does not fit perfect use some windshield ribbon in the steam of the push in
Old 08-18-2010, 09:00 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Jim,
Once again;

Quote:
"But after thirty plus years it is the only body that I have seen that actually needed cut and re-enforced. Normally CR one of the strongest bodies on the market.

No reinforcements needed."
Old 08-18-2010, 10:30 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Classic Roadster
Not Ranked     

There is an area on my car (circa '97) that has a pretty thin spot. It runs along the dash where the fiberglass body rolls over onto the dash board. There is a very thin edge and some linear cracks along the roll. A cosmetic blunder that will get fixed when the time comes to repaint. It doesn't look too noticeable to the unsuspecting eye but I see it. It's the area in the photo show in black where someone tried to patch it and touch it up.

John

Last edited by MaSnaka; 08-18-2010 at 10:38 AM.. Reason: add picture
Old 08-18-2010, 12:06 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Addendum#1,

IF ANY part of the body comes in contact with A fixed point, I.E.; Roll Bars, Bumper Tubes, Steering Column, and the likes -Dashboard- which shouldn't, but could, WILL cause stress points, cracks in the body.

Realistically there should be an absolute minimum of 1/16th inch, and as much as 1/8th of an inch clearance between all such points.

Now MASNAKA may have a thin curvature at his dash area, but this may be simply because in the spraying of the body it was sprayed to thin. It could also be that the installer used to much pressure to install the dash, or even who ever installed the body "wrongly" lifted the body at one time!.

Masnaka, if you are the builder then I have to presume that you have just gotten stress cracking over the years.

Each CR Cobra OR ANY fiberglass car can crack over time depending on how it was made and assembled.

But for having any body problems as "NORM" on a CR LTD, INC, or LLC, I know of known.

DV
Old 08-24-2010, 03:40 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

I want to thank "Canea" for the idea. I found the right size black plastic push-in plugs to cover the holes on the top of the doors meant for the side curtains and the hole meant for the top rod. At Advance Auto parts I got three packages of GM "Body-Tite" trim retainers made by Dorman. Part number 45092. They are just the right size to stay in the 3/8" holes. Looks great!

Jim
Old 10-27-2010, 11:59 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Classic Roadster 427, 446 cu in Iron Eagle stroker, Trick Flow "R" heads, Comp roller, Edelbrock Thunder 800 cfm, Eaton posi, Richmond 3.27, Tremec TKO 600
Not Ranked     

Hi DV... It's been several years since I've been here, but we used to discuss traction problems with my CR. I have a Dart Iron Eagle 351W bored and stroked to 446 with raised port twisted wedge heads....672 HP....and NO traction even with 315/35/17 bubblegum tires on the rear. I was contemplating selling my car and about to call Don when I happened onto this thread. What a bitter disappointment.....both for the company....and for the possible sale of my car. I was originally wanting to get close to $30K for it, but now....even with only 2K miles on the motor and with a brand new TKO600 I think I'm going to have to drop the price about $5k-$10K! I have an early wide tunnel big block body.....bought it as a complete running car and changed out the drive line. Nice to see you still here though!
jimhurtt..... McMaster Carr does have chrome snap in plugs for the tops of the doors when the boot fits. They're cheap, fit well and look good.
Regards to all here,
Bill
Attached Images

Last edited by fxbill; 10-27-2010 at 12:12 PM..
Old 11-05-2010, 06:23 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Classic 427, I purchased it May 2005, the kit was bought in 1991. I'm not sure when it was completed! Installed GMPP Connect & Cruise 376/525 with T-56 S/M 3.55 gears about 2 years ago! 1/4 miles is with old setup!
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by fxbill View Post
Hi DV... It's been several years since I've been here, but we used to discuss traction problems with my CR. I have a Dart Iron Eagle 351W bored and stroked to 446 with raised port twisted wedge heads....672 HP....and NO traction even with 315/35/17 bubblegum tires on the rear. I was contemplating selling my car and about to call Don when I happened onto this thread. What a bitter disappointment.....both for the company....and for the possible sale of my car. I was originally wanting to get close to $30K for it, but now....even with only 2K miles on the motor and with a brand new TKO600 I think I'm going to have to drop the price about $5k-$10K! I have an early wide tunnel big block body.....bought it as a complete running car and changed out the drive line. Nice to see you still here though!
jimhurtt..... McMaster Carr does have chrome snap in plugs for the tops of the doors when the boot fits. They're cheap, fit well and look good.
Regards to all here,
Bill
Nice ride!