Club Cobra GasN Exhaust  

Go Back   Club Cobra > Manufacturers, Engine Builders, tools, and parts. > Classic Roadsters II

Nevada Classics
MMG Superformance
Main Menu
Module Jump:
Nevada Classics
Nevada Classics
MMG Superformance
MMG Superformance
Advertise at CC
Banner Ad Rates
MMG Superformance
MMG Superformance
MMG Superformance
April 2024
S M T W T F S
  1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30        

Kirkham Motorsports

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-23-2010, 08:12 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Professional Cobra & Streetrod Builder
Send a message via AIM to Double Venom
Not Ranked     
Default Cpteddie Your Cobra & ????

Where for art thou? Heading headlong into SNOW Good time to do this sooner than later Okie is trying to schedule to bring his CR's to change motors at the same time? Good time before I get head long into 767Jockey's job!

Last edited by Double Venom; 11-23-2010 at 09:38 AM..
Old 11-24-2010, 05:03 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: CRII 351W/408 Stroker
Send a message via AIM to capteddie
Not Ranked     

Calm down! I haven't gotten the MSO back from the state yet and I'm not going to cut a deal with anyone, until I have that back in my hands.

If my time table does not fit with your, then so be it. I can find plenty of people/places to pull the motor and transmission. Its not like I HAVE to sell this car, I want to.

-ed
Old 11-24-2010, 12:19 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Geesh,is absolutely fine with me
Now what the ell have I done? The ONLY reason I posted is that OKIE has written me, called me, along with G. Lamb, etc., etc.. They were assuming you wanted to get rid of the car now after thinking about it for a year +/-. They were trying to reach you and when they couldn't they called me wanting to know if I had any info.

Ed, take your car where ever you want! I just told George, Okie, ??, that yes I would pull it for them if they got the car here. Not that I care one way or the other who pulls it! I just thought it would be easier here in one place. Fella I am Valium chilled at all times!

WHAT ever and WHOM ever you decide my friend but after your comment I know OKIE was/is counting on it.

Last edited by Double Venom; 11-24-2010 at 12:22 PM..
Old 11-24-2010, 07:26 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

What you've done is post a thread that is titled "Cpteddie Your Cobra & ????" and then lead off with "Where for art thou?"

I have completely released you with anything to do with this car as me as the owner. If you want to work your deals with whoever might end up with this, thats fine. I will not sell/take money from anyone without having the MSO or title to hand to the new owner. Once this car leaves my house, I'm done with it and you can pick up whatever things you feel obligated to fix or make right for the new owner. I don't need to sell the car. I don't need the money. I just keep getting pissed off every time I go into the garage and look at it. In fact... considering I've got WAY more than 20K with the drive train and 10K without. I could easily put a match to it and be done.

Everyone who has contacted me about the car, great! I'll respond once I have the MSO/COO back from the state (unless your 100% sure you don't need it). If you want to talk to DV about the build... Please do. Do not have him be the middle man between you and I to do a deal!

I have a job that has me on a tight schedule and I travel a lot. If you are interested in the car and can handle my timelines, great! You'll get a 50 to 60K of car for 20 or 10K out of your pocket.

Enough said....

Last edited by capteddie; 11-24-2010 at 07:36 PM..
Old 11-25-2010, 03:41 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

As mentioned for OHIO on a "Bare" untitled car an MCO is absolute. IF it has been titled elsewhere, OHIO will take the new title Assuming it was titled originally with an MCO.

To all that has this car at heart please make all your arrangements with Ed Ferguson. I'm obviously in the way-sorry.

Man, this is getting harder and harder................

P.S. It would have been nice if you had informed the buyers that you were waiting for the return of your MCO. Sure would have saved a lot of anxiety on the buyers part-just a thought. Maybe I missed that part......

Last edited by Double Venom; 11-25-2010 at 06:02 AM..
Old 11-25-2010, 06:37 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double Venom View Post
P.S. It would have been nice if you had informed the buyers that you were waiting for the return of your MCO. Sure would have saved a lot of anxiety on the buyers part-just a thought. Maybe I missed that part......
As far as I'm concerned, I did.... From my first "its for sale" thread

Selling my CRII

The car has never been titled and I'm in contact with the state of Illinois to get the COO back from them.

Maybe my assumption that people really read and digest what is posted on sites like this, is over rated. Which it looks like it is, since we now have this thread of mass confusion rolling and I've already been told by someone that my 79 page build thread was mostly a running public spat.

Where's the can of gas and spme matches
Old 11-25-2010, 09:09 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: None, sold it
Not Ranked     

capteddie,

I have been trying to stay as far away from this whole thing as possible but if you look at post #2 of this thread, CptEddies car for sale- info, you were in contact with " the state of Illinois" to try and get the MCO/COO back but you would talk to OKIE and see if he needed the MSO/COO or not.

My assumption (and you know what assuming does) by reading all of the posting on this, until this particular thread, is that maybe you had talked to OKIE and had worked this out. I guess not.

Hope it all works out for you and everybody involved in the end.
Old 11-25-2010, 09:54 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by tcrist View Post
capteddie,

I have been trying to stay as far away from this whole thing as possible but if you look at post #2 of this thread, CptEddies car for sale- info, you were in contact with " the state of Illinois" to try and get the MCO/COO back but you would talk to OKIE and see if he needed the MSO/COO or not.

My assumption (and you know what assuming does) by reading all of the posting on this, until this particular thread, is that maybe you had talked to OKIE and had worked this out. I guess not.

Hope it all works out for you and everybody involved in the end.
Hey Terry, I have PM'ed everyone that has shown interest (well almost everyone had 2 more people today step in with interest) I have been talking to the state, but the MSO has not found its way back to me, yet.

I don't want to commit anything to anyone until I have that in my hands.

That being said. I'm NOT going to talk to or post anything further, unit the paperwork is in order. I'll take this offline from here on out. These public posting just do nothing but bring back bad memories and then agitate the crap out of me.

Cheers and have a great holiday (everybody)

later, Ed
Old 11-25-2010, 02:27 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: 2007 BDR FR Boss 302
Not Ranked     

I'm beginning to smell an auction here with the Cobra going to the highest bidder. I hope that isn't the case. I too hope this all gets resolved to everyones satisfaction.
Old 11-25-2010, 03:37 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBQCYCLEWERKES View Post
I'm beginning to smell an auction here with the Cobra going to the highest bidder. I hope that isn't the case. I too hope this all gets resolved to everyones satisfaction.
No auction (interesting, but no) The only issue will be if/when I can get get the MSO/COO back from the state of Illinois. So. Please let me work on that first.

I have had an offer from someone from Canada that could care less about the MSO, but I have not excepted/committed or anything from anyone yet.

I want the MSO back. I do not want any deal to come back and bite me in the ass after a sale. (god knows that would just be another layer on the crap I've gone though with this car)

-ed
Old 11-25-2010, 09:18 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Capteddie's previous posts -

. . . "I don't need to sell the car. I don't need the money. I just keep getting pissed off every time I go into the garage and look at it. In fact... considering I've got WAY more than 20K with the drive train and 10K without. I could easily put a match to it and be done. . . . "

. . . "my 79 page build thread was mostly a running public spat."

"These public posting just do nothing but bring back bad memories and then agitate the crap out of me".

". . . god knows that would just be another layer on the crap I've gone though with this car . . .".

"Where's the can of gas and [some] matches."

Capt., I don't have a dog in this hunt; but based upon the rather public nature of this thread, why don't you go ahead and do it ( "put a match to it" ( with the drive train in ) "and be done" ) if it will put an end to your anxiety?

Last edited by JEwalt; 11-25-2010 at 09:28 PM..
Old 11-26-2010, 05:17 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

NOTE FOR ED-
Thought I had given up on "Intervening" but Ed you need to know: It is ILLEGAL to ship a kit car into Canada without going through their Import Burea* and Kit cars are strictly Forbidden-Just so you know. "Most" Canadians know this!?
DV
*Don't know the correct name anymore....Ministry of ?????

Last edited by Double Venom; 11-26-2010 at 05:30 AM..
Old 11-26-2010, 06:32 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double Venom View Post
NOTE FOR ED-
Thought I had given up on "Intervening" but Ed you need to know: It is ILLEGAL to ship a kit car into Canada without going through their Import Burea* and Kit cars are strictly Forbidden-Just so you know. "Most" Canadians know this!?
DV
*Don't know the correct name anymore....Ministry of ?????
The "import burea" is known as the registrar of imported vehicles or riv and the there is also a provincial inspection program. Vehicles are licenced provincially. Importing parts or racecars is not illegal and as a mater of fact importing a kit car is not illegal it is just near impossible to register it. I know because I've done it!

The thing about an intervention is you just have to know when to let go
Old 11-26-2010, 06:44 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5nines View Post
The thing about an intervention is you just have to know when to let go

5nines.... Thank you!!!! Have you on the list....
Old 11-26-2010, 07:50 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Ahh, key word(s), PARTS, RACE CARS.
I know CR's, Antiques & Collectibles, etc., have all tried and failed miserably! But, you being in a position obviously/apparently know the right tape to cut! I have been told numerous times that we can import PARTS, even a frame but NOT a Kit Car. They never mentioned race cars. IS a Kit Car Cobra a race car?
DV
Old 11-26-2010, 08:17 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

I guess it depends, you could make an argument it is just for track days but the trick is still to get it registered if you want to drive it on the street.
Old 11-26-2010, 09:46 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Classic Roadster 351W, T5, Red & White
Not Ranked     

DV....is this the agency you are referring to, Transport Canada:

http://www.tc.gc.ca/eng/roadsafety/t...04-faq-689.htm
Old 11-26-2010, 10:00 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: 2007 BDR FR Boss 302
Not Ranked     

If I am reading that link to the Canadian laws on kit car importation correctly, this vehicle can not be shipped into Canada as customs will not allow it. Is this correct?
Old 11-26-2010, 10:22 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: 408w 500 h.p. 550 ft.lbs
Not Ranked     

As a complete vehicle to be registered for the street, that would be correct.
A "kit car" has to be legitimately 15yrs old before it can be imported.
I assume if it was imported as a "race car" not for street use it could be imported. Good luck with trying to change that after the fact.
There will always be someone who lays awake at night figuring ways to circumvent the rules.

Craig
Old 11-26-2010, 01:37 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Don, Not the company that many of us tried because they told Customs what they were hauling and because they would not circumvent the rules. More power to them! How ever your link is a great link for those that want to try......
the exchange/import fee of above 25% +/-, (At the time) was a little steep for most of my customers to pay!

I know NOT one that even got close to importing even a "Turnkey Cobra -MINUS - not even SPF! If you make it past or to the Custom's gate they have the truck pull over and have someone from somewhere come in and check the entire load, charge the fee(!) and then IMPOUND IT 0r send it back.

BBQ. Fella, I meant every word I SAID! Period!

Last edited by Double Venom; 11-26-2010 at 04:54 PM..