Club Cobra

Club Cobra (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/)
-   Classic Roadsters II (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/classic-roadsters-ii/)
-   -   Sidepipe fix for the restrictive side pipes (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/classic-roadsters-ii/110104-sidepipe-fix-restrictive-side-pipes.html)

Wisconsin_Snake 04-11-2011 10:19 AM

Sidepipe fix for the restrictive side pipes

I was re-reading "Pete's Cobra Project" and noticed that he mentioned in his build that there was a fix for the restrictive side pipes here on the forum.
Mentioned here.

I did a quick search and did not find anything...
What is the fix (and I am hoping that it's not buy a new set of side pipes and that's if they are available anymore. %/)

Thanks...

fordracing65 04-11-2011 10:21 AM

New pipes from Buckshot fabrication in North Carolina, they make pipes for big blocks, no restrictions.

Wisconsin_Snake 04-11-2011 10:54 AM

No surgery on the pipes then???

I was hoping you would be able to make a cut on each end and eliminate the plate that connects to the 1-1/4 pipe and then patch it up inconspicuously…

When I got my kit, the pipes where nickel coated already… I am keeping them until I finish my car, then I guess I will update them at a future date.

mickmate 04-11-2011 11:42 AM

Search Classic Chambered on here and you'll see what a lot of us have been using.
There's 100+ horsepower waiting for you to unleash it for cheap money.

G_Edmonds 04-11-2011 12:09 PM

Plenty of folks have cut out the mufflers and had new, less restrictive, ones welded in. Obviously they have to be recoated though.
-Greg

Wisconsin_Snake 04-11-2011 12:49 PM

Sounds like I am going to have to have my mufflers re-coated.
Shame because the nickle is so nice looking.

vatdevil 04-11-2011 04:29 PM

Performance Engineering is upgrading mine to a 3 inch muffler and ceramic coating. $1200.

MaSnaka 04-11-2011 07:07 PM

Wisconsin- The CR mufflers have that restriction at both ends of the muffler. The 1 1/4" tubes are offset inside there. The only fix is new Muffs sorry. I went with Classic Chambered as Mick mentioned. Cut out the old, welded in the new and had them recoated. Yes I'm happy with the upgrade. BTW I went with the 30"x2 1/2" packed with the louvers open to the rear. Good luck!

John

Wisconsin_Snake 04-12-2011 09:09 PM

Well, before I start replacing stuff I already have, I have to get the car going...
Still have a ways... I will be keeping Classic Chambered in mind for the first upgrade once the car is complete.