Club Cobra

Club Cobra (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/)
-   Classic Roadsters II (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/classic-roadsters-ii/)
-   -   Dumb,Ignorant or just plain ????? (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/classic-roadsters-ii/131556-dumb-ignorant-just-plain.html)

Double Venom 11-05-2014 08:06 AM

Dumb,Ignorant or just plain ?????

Somebody please tell me why a new guy with one post, this has happened many times over the years, comes onto the forum, asks a lot of appropriate questions, gets them answered and then doesn't come back once? Did they find this place by accident and can't find their way back, or they changed their minds about buying. Maybe they waited to long and the seller sold it to someone else?

Don't need to know but would like at least one response to the people that took the time to answer.

[sic] 1998 CR Cobra with lots of questions Posted 10-29-14

patrickt 11-05-2014 08:42 AM

Because:

1) They gave up on the idea of owning a Cobra.
2) They forgot their password and it's easier to just re-register.

Neither one is a good excuse for ignoring a lot of helpful advice. That's why my initial reaction to anybody's interest in buying a Cobra is "No, you really don't want to do that." If they continually keep coming back with interest and questions, then I change my tune. Most people just give up on the idea. After all, it is a pretty stupid thing to spend your money on....:cool:

Tommy 11-05-2014 09:02 AM

I've been on multiple car, boat and RV forums. Having people come back to wrap up a thread they started is always the exception rather than the rule. I guess most people are more interested in what others can do for them than what they can do in return.

#becomingmorecynicalwitheachpassingyear

Rick Parker 11-05-2014 09:25 AM

Some individuals, like it or not are just after information to help facilitate their project or task at hand. We all do this at one time or another, if you are attempting to fix something we are not familiar with. Once the problem is solved they feel no need to revisit the site, some people do not want nor do they have time to spend time on "Club" websites. Just sayin......

One thing that iritates me personally is when an individual offers an item for sale without a specific price and says "Best or Highest Offer". Why attempt to sell something if YOU don't know what you want for it? I realize I don't have to respond to the ad, just venting a little.

Bernica 11-05-2014 09:42 AM

It seems that many just treat the site like a free one-stop shop. Get in, get what you need and get out without appreciation for the time and service provided to give them what they wanted. A shame.
Wham, Bam and not even a "thank you Man". Kind of makes you feel used:(

Double Venom 11-05-2014 10:40 AM

I must say I do feel better about my deodorant! Thank you boys and girls.

I do wish I could have found out where that kit was though.... :confused:

Tom Cimino 11-05-2014 11:59 AM

It could be that he visits the site regularly but doesn't sign in. I do that all the time. I visit the site many times every day, but don't sign in unless I have something to share. I get a kick out of the conversations that many of you have. Even after my Cobra is long gone, I'll still be checking in.

PSB 11-05-2014 12:32 PM

I think many times people make a post like that expecting to get answers that match what they were thinking/wanted to hear. When the answers don't match thier pre-conceived notions, they're gone.

Of course, it's usually "how do I build a show winning Cobra with a big block for my budget of $5K or less?"

1998 302 cobra 11-11-2014 05:18 PM

Sorry DV didnt mean to disrespect the site or any of your time. The guy sold the car before i could get out there 3 days later. Had another buyer on the line as well. Thanks for your time.

Double Venom 11-11-2014 08:57 PM

Doesn't surprise me----darn. Well thanks for responding. :(

Bernica 11-11-2014 09:01 PM

See how easy that is? A simple thanks is very nice to see.;)

*13* 11-12-2014 01:27 AM

Lack of focus & common courtesy.