Club Cobra

Club Cobra (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/)
-   Classic Roadsters II (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/classic-roadsters-ii/)
-   -   Mounting Driving Lights (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/classic-roadsters-ii/139542-mounting-driving-lights.html)

Plackster 10-17-2017 08:22 PM

Mounting Driving Lights

I have been considering mounting additional driving lights in front of the radiator in the opening. I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions/ideas on how to mount them and what brand lights would be recommended. Many thanks for all replies and advice. Doug

Jim Vander Wal 10-18-2017 06:41 AM

I'd switch to Hella 7" E-Code headlights first. I wouldn't have added driving lights if I'd done these first.
HL79562 Hella 7" Round H4 E-Code Headlamp, Each | Rally Lights
I built brackets that attached to the quick-jack mounts for the driving lights. This was a lot of work but looked great.
Jim

keezling 10-18-2017 08:49 AM

Thanks for the info. The stock ff5 headlamps are pretty sucky...

Jim Vander Wal 10-18-2017 09:28 AM

It's not really FFR, it's US DOT sealed beam lights. Nobody likes them but they are cheap.

Note E-Codes are European spec, generally better than DOT. You'll need to order H4 bulbs as well. I'd get standard wattage and then work from there. Standard bulbs are not expensive, as you go up in performance the price goes up. Factory wiring may not be up to the capabilities of the higher wattage bulbs.

Jim

Texasdoc 10-18-2017 01:56 PM

I got the E codes (Cibie 82440) and the Hella 100/80w bulbs. I upgraded my wiring to handle the load as well. No problems with visibility now. All from Amazon, all in $100.

Also, any of the Jeep LED upgrades will fit.