Club Cobra

Club Cobra (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/)
-   Classic Roadsters II (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/classic-roadsters-ii/)
-   -   Bumperettes? (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/classic-roadsters-ii/139653-bumperettes.html)

Alfa02 11-14-2017 08:25 AM

Bumperettes?

It's been a year, but finally it's in the paint shop, the day I dropped it off was Christmas and my birthday all in one. I know now, I wouldn't hearing back from the last owner, about any missing parts. But I've got everything to put it together but 3-Bumperette's. Since their 3 1/2 " bolt to bolt, any idea how make another set work, or does anyone have any? Thanks gentleman.

moore_rb 11-15-2017 06:19 AM

Tom-

Just buy these, and have a local shop weld in new mounts, or re-drill them as necessary:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Bumper-Over...2290#vi-ilComp

my427cobra 11-15-2017 10:45 AM

4 Attachment(s)
The brackets which attach to my frame and come out of the body are on 4" centers and my bumperettes have threaded attachments which are on 2" centers.

The bumperettes fasten to the brackets that come out of the body. The brackets that come out of the body can be re-drilled for bumperettes with different attachment dimensions.

On the back of my car the bumper and bumperettes mounted too high for my liking so I made a spacer/lowering strap out of 1/4" SS bar 1.5" w x 7.5" l so I could attach the bumper and bumperettes lower on the bracket that comes out of the body.

Hope the pics attach for clarity.

Cheers
Greg

Alfa02 11-15-2017 02:43 PM

Thanks Rob, and (Greg) my 427 Cobra. Will do, I have a great Fab guy that can build those bracket's. Problem solved. Again Club Cobra to the rescue. Rob, got your message I'll call you later this week.

74proii 11-26-2017 11:02 PM

Did the stock front grill guard fit the bumperettes, or did you have one made. I was going to do the same thing if I do not get a stock set, vice welding the bar to the supports. It doesn't look like you could replace them if necessary.

my427cobra 11-27-2017 08:23 AM

Yes, the stock front hoop (grill guard as you call it) bolts to the bumperettes on my car with no modification required.

The bracket shafts that go into the body are attached to the car's inner frame structure (and hidden inside the body) with 2 bolts at each bracket.

All the bumper components are easily removable with a few bolts and can be replaced with Quick Jacks if I was so inclined.

Cheers
Greg

Alfa02 11-27-2017 10:50 PM

Wonder of all wonder's, I found a NOS set of cast CR bumperette's (work's of art) just outside of Olympia Wa. (50 miles from my home). The gentleman knew nothing about them, just looked like Cobra bumpers to him. One in a million chance, and I paid the sum of $100, I would have gladly paid $100 ea. if he asked (Craigslist ad), Karma lives, Thank again for your help. Tom.

74proii 11-27-2017 11:27 PM

Yeah I saw them too, but was to tied up at work.

rbgray1 11-30-2017 11:04 AM

Tom,

Rob here, I hope all is well. I'm safely in Florida and got the Cobra here. a lot going on since we spoke last and I did get your message. I'll try to call you back next week.

How is your build going?

Alfa02 11-30-2017 11:48 PM

Glad to hear everything is well with you and the Cobra Rob. I was a little worried when I called and didn't anything back. Everything is perfect here , I saw the car today at the body shop the first time in its BRG color, we spend two day's getting the shade just right, the shop is top notch, and really care about my car. They told 2-week's and it's done there. From there to Old School Garage for final assy. By April it will ready for the road, in fact we're having a party to ring in it's birth, 4-of my Cobra buddies will there, plus a Tiger or two, about 50 cars in all are expected to show up. I'll send you pictures to your Email this week, Call me K? Tom.