Club Cobra

Club Cobra (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/)
-   Classic Roadsters II (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/classic-roadsters-ii/)
-   -   tonneau cover (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/classic-roadsters-ii/141886-tonneau-cover.html)

hisss snake 01-05-2019 08:26 AM

tonneau cover

I have the original tonneau cover which has a pocket for the roll bar but nothing for the steering wheel . I have a flaming river column and even in its lowest position the steering wheel sticks above the dash. Has anyone else had this issue and did you simply get an upholsterer to modify the cover ?

Karl Bebout 01-05-2019 08:48 AM

A boat upholstery shop could easily pop a pocket in there for you. Had a shop make my cover for my existing lift-a-dots and it came out super good.

rbgray1 01-07-2019 08:01 AM

Guys, what are your tonneaus made from? My car originally spent it's life in the midwest and my cover is made from thick black vinyl. I was thinking of having a replacement made from Sunbrella fabric or something a little more conducive to South Florida weather.

C5GTO 01-07-2019 08:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rbgray1 (Post 1456301)
Guys, what are your tonneaus made from? My car originally spent it's life in the midwest and my cover is made from thick black vinyl. I was thinking of having a replacement made from Sunbrella fabric or something a little more conducive to South Florida weather.

I had my tonneau made from Sunbrella fabric after my original one ripped. I don't have a pocket for steering wheel. I have a Chevette column and the steering wheel is also just a little bit above the dash when fully lowered. The tonneau still works fine though. The crease you see across the top is from the steering wheel. I decided I could live with the crease instead of going the extra expense for a steering wheel pocket.

https://beta-static.photobucket.com/...080&fit=bounds

Bulldog 01-08-2019 06:57 PM

Cover

C5gto that is a nice cover my cobra has all the snaps on it i could use a cover. About how much are we talking about to have one made?

C5GTO 01-09-2019 09:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bulldog (Post 1456387)
C5gto that is a nice cover my cobra has all the snaps on it i could use a cover. About how much are we talking about to have one made?

It's been a few years since I had it made. I seem to recall it was $350 to $400 range and that's SF Bay area prices. I had other upholstery shops quote higher but found a reasonable price by shopping around.

dacobb 01-10-2019 01:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rbgray1 (Post 1456301)

You might check with Scotty's Canvas in N. Ft. Myers and see if they'll do it.

They did my canvas awnings on my home and I would recommend them to anyone.

Bulldog 01-10-2019 04:02 PM

Cover

Thanks guys for info. On covers

74proii 01-11-2019 01:40 AM

The Sunbrella is a great choice. Try a boat shop as it is regularly used in covers and sunshades, and bimini tops.