Club Cobra

Club Cobra (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/)
-   Classic Roadsters II (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/classic-roadsters-ii/)
-   -   Cristened the rear tires this morning (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/classic-roadsters-ii/142420-cristened-rear-tires-morning.html)

HighPlainsDrifter 06-02-2019 02:29 PM

Cristened the rear tires this morning

Went for a shakedown cruise this morning on the rural roads. 4 way stop, nobody around...3,000 rpm...drop clutch and lite EM up:3DSMILE:

Moves out good for a little 289 !

Perry:MECOOL:

Alfa02 06-02-2019 09:48 PM

Just to get the glaze off them, no doubt eh Perry :)

hauss 06-02-2019 11:03 PM

:cool:427 just hit the go pedal no need to dump the clutch

1795 06-03-2019 03:46 AM

That 289 will light them up no problem. Of course you do tend to have to replace those rear tires more often then..;)

Lightingrod 06-03-2019 08:27 PM

I'm running M/T 295-65-15 Drag Radials and it hooks really good! I have not done an all out launch from a dead stop yet but rolling it on it's been good! The front end feels REALLY light, the 1-2 shift feels like it's damn close to getting some air! Good fun but you wouldn't want to hit a slick spot!

lnfletcher 06-04-2019 06:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 1795 (Post 1462636)
That 289 will light them up no problem. Of course you do tend to have to replace those rear tires more often then..;)

Yea it's amazing how much longer the front tires last!

Bulldog 06-04-2019 01:52 PM

Cobra on road

Congrats on getting g car on the road how are the classic exhaust sounding

HighPlainsDrifter 06-04-2019 03:40 PM

exhaust

2 Attachment(s)
Hi,
The exhaust sounds great, a lot deeper than my 5 liter mustangs exhaust. I modified circle track headers, they turned out good, then had everything ceramic coated satin black.
I set off a car alarm yesterday driving down the street:MECOOL:
Perry

Bulldog 06-05-2019 08:46 AM

Exhaust

Thanks for the pics HighPlainsgood looking system