Club Cobra

Club Cobra (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/)
-   Classic Roadsters II (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/classic-roadsters-ii/)
-   -   Turn signal (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/classic-roadsters-ii/143911-turn-signal.html)

Bulldog 08-01-2020 10:51 AM

Turn signal

Ok guys tell me what's wrong ,lights work brake and tail emergency flashers work wipers workall lights.Turn signals all of a sudden quit, test light shows only power to one side of turn signal fuse .Have checked all fuses with test light all have power.Pulled engine side bl:CRY:ock that that bolts to fuse panel on fire wall all wires and connectors look good . thanks. Bulldog

74proii 08-02-2020 01:40 PM

check your turn signal flasher, the turn and emergency are the same but separate entities

Bulldog 08-05-2020 12:31 PM

Signals

Thanks for reply i have checked everything I can all bulb sockets and all wiring looking for grounded or burners found nothing .every time I put in new fuse in block for turn signals it pops, could it be turn signal switch? Everything works expect turn signals.

Alfa02 08-06-2020 07:06 AM

Mike I was thinking grounds also, but if you have checked those, I would think Turn signal switch after all those are just Chevettes CHEAP pieces. Cheers Tom.

sunman 08-06-2020 09:36 PM

Did you remove flasher? It’s got two power in one fused for turn signals, one for flashers. If prob persists unplug steering column harness and see if fuse blows. If it doesn’t then you know prob is probably in switch or column wiring. Also grind off key switch area and fill with Bondo and go to keyless remote start/alarm unit

Bulldog 08-07-2020 09:25 AM

Signal

Thanks Tom and sunmmanfor thoughts

sunman 08-07-2020 03:27 PM

Just some info I was a TV tech. The turn signal switch provides a ground after power has gone thru flasher and lights. The hazard warning lights are hot all the time thru the switch on the column and turn signal switch gets power thru key switch when turned on. Two separate fuses #5 and #8 on chevette fuse block. If turn signal switch or wire to it were grounded lights would just be on. One terminal on the flasher itself goes to ground and one terminal gets two power wires. The third terminal goes to lights after going thru flasher circuitry to make it blink

Bulldog 08-07-2020 06:56 PM

Signal

Thanks. sunman