Club Cobra

Club Cobra (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/)
-   Classic Roadsters II (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/classic-roadsters-ii/)
-   -   Need HELP identifying springs! Please ;) (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/classic-roadsters-ii/144412-need-help-identifying-springs-please.html)

MGM 01-22-2021 02:36 PM

Need HELP identifying springs! Please ;)

1 Attachment(s)
Can’t figure out what these are from... the info: CR1 with Ford 8.8, rear drum, 5 lug conversion. Springs: 3/8ths” thickness, 12” tall, 4.5” wide, 8 windings, linear rate springs! All the Mii rear springs I see online are non linear(smaller on one end).

I need to lower the car an inch or 2 so have to replace them. New wheels&tires raised it up. Rear end is adjusted all the way down but it’s still too high up.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!
What they’re from, spring rate, anything.
Cheers
Michael

MGM 01-22-2021 03:13 PM

I looked over the previous posts, and someone had mentioned they were Moog 633, or 663 out of a chevette(fronts). The size is right, but those springs are tangential spring(where the coil direction continues). The springs I have are square end(where the coils are bent back down flat against the last coil on the ends).

G_Edmonds 01-23-2021 07:47 AM

I ended up cutting mine off 1 1/2 coils to get it where I wanted it.

bobcowan 01-23-2021 08:16 AM

I would ditch those, and contact Eibach about replacements. Surprisingly enough, even with the same spring rate, you'll notice an improvement in ride quality.

Bulldog 01-28-2021 02:46 PM

Springs

MGM replaced my rear springs with Eibach I believe 325 pounds and 13 inch height. Improved ride so much . Did raise ride Height some.

Bulldog 01-28-2021 02:51 PM

Radiator

Time to change radiator; what brand is a good one and what dimensions. Looks like a Camarillo rad in car now. Thanks guys . Bulldog

MGM 02-03-2021 02:01 PM

Thanks guys! Got the rears sorted for now. Shaved off a coil to get me by until I can find replacements. Time to put on the QA1 front coilovers and adjustable UCA and LCA!