Club Cobra

Club Cobra (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/)
-   Classic Roadsters II (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/classic-roadsters-ii/)
-   -   Firewall attachment (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/classic-roadsters-ii/145083-firewall-attachment.html)

CFD2DC 08-08-2021 07:28 PM

Firewall attachment

Hello everyone. I have looked through the on line build manual to determine how to attach the firewall to the frame. I can’t seem to find it anywhere. What are the attachment points and hardware used?

Thanks!
Jeff

Sycraft 08-09-2021 03:25 AM

Cowl Bar Installation
The parts required for installing the cowl bar are:
Description of Part Quantity
Cowl Bar ........................................... 1
5/16" x 3-1/2" Bolts ........................... 4
5/16" Flange Nuts ............................ .4
Use the procedure outlined below to install the cowl bar:
1) Place the cowl bar on the outriggers flush up against the firewall (Fig. 3-104).
2) Align the mounting holes on the cowl bar with the holes on the outriggers. Connect the cowl bar to the
outriggers with two 5/16" x 3-1/2" bolts and flange nuts per side (Fig. 3-105).

this is the only reference I have

CFD2DC 08-09-2021 05:51 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Sycraft (Post 1495771)
Cowl Bar Installation
The parts required for installing the cowl bar are:
Description of Part Quantity
Cowl Bar ........................................... 1
5/16" x 3-1/2" Bolts ........................... 4
5/16" Flange Nuts ............................ .4
Use the procedure outlined below to install the cowl bar:
1) Place the cowl bar on the outriggers flush up against the firewall (Fig. 3-104).
2) Align the mounting holes on the cowl bar with the holes on the outriggers. Connect the cowl bar to the
outriggers with two 5/16" x 3-1/2" bolts and flange nuts per side (Fig. 3-105).

this is the only reference I have

Sycraft. Thanks for the response. What does the firewall itself attach to? The only reference in the manual I see is in the pic attached. I can get it attached, just wanted to do it correctly LOL
Jeff

sunman 08-09-2021 08:21 AM

http://www.clubcobra.com/photopost/d...8EF52B834.jpeg

DV post dated 05 08 2011 “Mounting a CR body: My way” has all the info
How do you make post picture bigger is what I’m trying to figure out
This photo is in my gallery

Party On
Wyatt

CFD2DC 08-09-2021 09:41 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by sunman (Post 1495790)
http://www.clubcobra.com/photopost/d...8EF52B834.jpeg

DV post dated 05 08 2011 “Mounting a CR body: My way” has all the info
How do you make post picture bigger is what I’m trying to figure out
This photo is in my gallery

Party On
Wyatt

Beautiful! Thanks!! I went back to the online manual…..it goes from section 3-36 to 3-38 hahaha. Knew I didn’t see it in there.

sunman 08-09-2021 10:20 AM

There’s a 3” x 3” x +/- 30” angle you add to frame for seatbelts and roll bar mounts
Between the spring adjuster holes but I’m checking on that location with body on now
Are those Turbo mufflers?
That’s all I ever used
I put one on my moms Honda

Party On
Wyatt

CFD2DC 08-09-2021 04:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sunman (Post 1495794)
There’s a 3” x 3” x +/- 30” angle you add to frame for seatbelts and roll bar mounts
Between the spring adjuster holes but I’m checking on that location with body on now
That’s all I ever used

Party On
Wyatt

Glad you mentioned that! I don’t think I’ve seen that in the manual. Yeah those are Dynamax turbos. I actually had them in the back of my shop and thought I’d try them. Figured if I didn’t like the sound I could change them. Sound pretty good though.

CFD2DC 08-12-2021 01:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sunman (Post 1495794)
That’s all I ever used

Party On
Wyatt

Wyatt. I sent you a PM. Not sure if it went through. Jeff