Club Cobra

Club Cobra (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/)
-   Club Cobra Introduction Forum (introduce yourself) (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/club-cobra-introduction-forum-introduce-yourself/)
-   -   Snakewench is BAAAACK! (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/club-cobra-introduction-forum-introduce-yourself/129247-snakewench-baaaack.html)

snakewench 06-09-2014 12:35 PM

Snakewench is BAAAACK!

Hi guys! I'm back after an unintended hiatus...I totalled my original Cobra ('67 MidStates BB named Aunt Bea) back in March of '13. Yep, had the car all of six months before spinning out on a flat curve and smacking a tree (see wreck pic in "Aunt Bea" album). A very valuable, albeit expensive, lesson was learned about the physics of a very small, lightweight car with a very BIG, powerful engine! :CRY: Yes, the Snake WILL bite if not respected!

The GOOD news is, aside from a slap to my pride, I walked away unhurt. And, after a few months of diligent homework, I opted for a BB Superformance MkIII as replacement. No doubt the BEST decision I could have made...the fit and finish of the SPF is light years better than the MidStates! No offense intended for you MidStates/Shell Valley guys, but having experienced both vehicles I can honestly say the SPF is superior. I absolutely LOVE this car!

DMD

ajracing 06-09-2014 02:08 PM

always good to see someone around on the forum

era427tp 06-09-2014 02:55 PM

welcome back ' try to keep it on the black part

MRGEORGE077 06-09-2014 06:21 PM

Most things work out for the best, just in the future try and keep it between the ditches.

snakewench 06-10-2014 04:52 PM

Thanks, guys...no doubt I came away from that experience with FAR more respect for the obscene power-to-weight ratio these cars possess! The old MidStates had a mild 460, so this new Ford Racing crate 514 is a BIG step up...she's a HANDFUL, but each time I get behind the wheel now I LISTEN to that little Cobra voice saying "if you don't respect me, I will KILL you!"

DMD

Seagull81 06-11-2014 08:58 AM

Be safe and keep it in one piece so you can join us in San Marcos at the end of March for the Texas Cobra Club Meet.

ajracing 06-11-2014 09:28 AM

Hope to see you around Houston.

Aj

jhv48 06-11-2014 11:30 AM

I call my wife snakewench.

But I bet it's for an entirely different reason!