Club Cobra

Club Cobra (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/)
-   Club Cobra Introduction Forum (introduce yourself) (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/club-cobra-introduction-forum-introduce-yourself/)
-   -   Ordered new BDR GT (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/club-cobra-introduction-forum-introduce-yourself/134515-ordered-new-bdr-gt.html)

997usa 08-30-2015 03:10 PM

Ordered new BDR GT

Hi All,

Allow me to introduce myself; I am Robert, just ordered a new Backdraft Racing w/GT Body style option & Black out.

I opted for the Coyote 5.0 with a 6-spd T56 Transmission. Car will be Azurite Black w/Silverstone (both BMW special order color) stripes.

I look forward to learning more from you guys at the forum and to share progress pictures over the next 5-6 months as the car is being built.

-R

PHMCobra 08-30-2015 04:17 PM

Robert,

Congratulations on committing to a new BDR with GT body style. Following a patient waiting period, you will have a great car that will perform beyond your expectations. Welcome to the BDR family. Earlier this year, I purchased my second Backdraft Roadster (Build #1360) with a Roush 427R (550 HP) and (like you) a 6-speed T56 Tremec transmission. The tranny is great--smooth shifts and really lessens the big gap between 4th and 5th in the 5-speed trannys. Keep us posted on the progress of your new build.

Phil

BDR1459 08-31-2015 08:10 AM

Robert,

I'm new to the game too but just returned from Boyton Beach where i ordered an RT3 #1459. It should be at the dock today and will be delivered the first week in October. I admire your patience.

Rad

BADSN8K 08-31-2015 11:02 AM

Congrats!!!

I will test drive mine next week @ Vintage Motor Sports. and the following week 1445 should be delivered to Texas.

VINTAGE Motorsports Photo Gallery - Backdraft #1445

Looking forward to it!!

Have fun... stay safe!

997usa 09-03-2015 06:44 PM

Thanks for the warm welcome!!

All your replies, just confirmed that i made the right choice to go with BDR and the 6-speed. I was contemplating the Roush 427 (was slightly more economical too) but the modern Coyote attracted me to get that one instead.

I look forward to seeing your pics as they become avail.

Seagull81 09-04-2015 06:00 AM

Welcome to the madness and join us in San Marcos the first weekend of April for the Texas Cobra Club Meet. Texas Cobra Meet This site will be updated for next year's event later in the year. We will also post on several sites once registration opens.