Club Cobra

Club Cobra (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/)
-   Club Cobra Introduction Forum (introduce yourself) (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/club-cobra-introduction-forum-introduce-yourself/)
-   -   Backdraft Owner from Germany (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/club-cobra-introduction-forum-introduce-yourself/137710-backdraft-owner-germany.html)

Locohora 12-21-2016 05:11 AM

Backdraft Owner from Germany

Hello together,

my name is Alex and I live in Germany, near Stuttgart (where the headquarter of Porsche and Mercedes is located). I am 39 years old.
3 weeks ago I bought my first Cobra. It is a Backdraft Cobra, probably assembled in 2007 by Vintage Motorsports.
The engine is a stock 351w with Tremec T5. The color is white with gray stripes... looks in my opinion great.

Small changes I have already in mind:
Change of the start button to the Ignition Start Button from Richbrook.
New seat covers made of leather and suede with seat heater.

Have anybody a Backdraft logo that I can embroidery it onto the seat?

Best regards from Germany
Alex

spdbrake 12-21-2016 06:09 AM

Congratulations on the the purchase of the BDR & welcome to the forums.

You can use pretty much any .jpg or .png file for the digitizing by the upholstery or embroidery shop. They will convert the file to their machine's format.

Such as http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/imag...ine=1278962743

1795 12-22-2016 04:19 AM

Good luck with yur cobra and welcome aboard. Try not to smile too widely :D as you go by those Porsches and Mercedes!

Kobura 12-24-2016 12:13 PM

Congratulations and welcome. I hope you enjoy your Backdraft. Good luck with the seat covers. By the way, you might consider modifying the cushions while you are at it. I needed more padding in the seat cushion and some lumbar support for the back.

Locohora 02-14-2017 01:38 AM

I want publish a new thread in the Backdraft area, but it seems that the mod don't release my question. It's 4 day ago. I have tried it several times.
Do anybody know the reason... my question is concering power steering rack.

spdbrake 02-14-2017 05:58 PM

You'll probably need to do a few more posts before starting a thread is allowed.
I know posting pics in a post was a cumulative 4 or 6 post prerequisite if I remember correctly.
You may try the search function as there are a few threads already concerning power steering on the BDR.

ha_pe_1968 02-14-2017 11:35 PM

Hi Alex!

Welcome - and wish you much fun with your Backdraft :-)
By the way - do not forget the Cobra meeting in Langenargen this year.

Greetings from your neighboorhood
Peter

Locohora 02-15-2017 02:55 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Thanks for the quick reply.
Now I know the reason; as soon as I enclose a picture in my post the mod must release it.

Due to my early built #594 I am not sure if I can use/assemble the BMW E36 power steering rack.
At the moment I have a Manual rack and think about to change it to P/S.

If anybody can support me with a picture of your assembled P/S I would appreciate ;)

Locohora 04-20-2017 12:13 AM

New seats with heater

4 Attachment(s)
After some month I obtain my new seats now with heater :)

Ron61 04-20-2017 04:04 AM

Welcome and that is a nice looking cobra. You will really enjoy it once you start driving it.

Ron

REY 427 04-20-2017 10:11 AM

Beautiful car. Love the seats! Makes me want to redo my seats.

Ozzie Goat 04-20-2017 10:23 AM

....and, what maker and model are those seats ???

Kobura 04-21-2017 12:38 PM

Wow! Those are nice looking seats. The seat cushions look well padded. Should make for comfortable cruising on the autobahns. I guess you passed on imprinting the BDR logo on them?

Blacklemming 04-21-2017 11:13 PM

Nice seats ,you wil like the heating too.
That is so nice on colder days

Locohora 04-22-2017 07:19 AM

The seat shell is still the same since the car was built. The foam was renewed.
Yes, we skip the BDR logo on the seat, because I want the BDR floor mats. That's enough logos ��
The seats are very comfortable. Made from Premium Nappa leather and Alcantara. Perfect work with silver seams.

Locohora 09-14-2017 04:51 AM

2 Attachment(s)
The summer is over and unfortunately I didn't spend a lot of time in my new seats. Instead I worked on a new drivetrain.

At first I removed the current engine.
The new one is a KC 408w.

Locohora 09-14-2017 04:54 AM

3 Attachment(s)
Here is my new engine

Blacklemming 09-14-2017 10:59 AM

Looking good :)

1795 09-14-2017 02:45 PM

Nice work! I did not dare try to put the engine and transmission in together, had a hard enough time doing the engine and the bell housing!

olddog 09-16-2017 06:47 AM

Nice car, and you should enjoy the engine.

I went through the Mercedes Benz museum in April. I had my eye out, but I never spotted a Cobra.