Club Cobra

Club Cobra (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/)
-   Club Cobra Introduction Forum (introduce yourself) (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/club-cobra-introduction-forum-introduce-yourself/)
-   -   Detroit Buyer U/$40k Appraisals out Tampa and San Diego (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/club-cobra-introduction-forum-introduce-yourself/141434-detroit-buyer-u-40k-appraisals-out-tampa-san-diego.html)

Doogie 09-11-2018 07:10 PM

Detroit Buyer U/$40k Appraisals out Tampa and San Diego

Hi to everyone, I've read and reread many good articles on the Internet so I'm speaking slightly broken Cobraeez.

I'm looking at 65-66 Cobras in MI, FL, and CA. Appraisals are going thru Lemon Squad but I will look for Cobra specific Appraiser locally going forward.

I'm fine with a dealer if the sales rep is reliable. I have not found that sales rep in dealerships in MI... Detroit and Grand Rapids. What's worse is I make a point to visit in person, establish relationship and expect a call when a Cobra comes in. I probably talked to folks in Sales Prevention Dept. bc I see new arrivals without an email or call from my former dealer reps.

Contrary to MI I received an education from Mike in TX by answering his dealer ad.

So far, other than a few dealers nationwide I get best results from private sellers bc they know Cobra. I love that most sellers have binders on the build and something like a spreadsheet cover over documentation for their adds and changes.

I'm departing Detroit tomorrow for Phoenix and San Diego returning Sep 29. If you have a Cobra for sale in my range... maybe lists for $45ish, area of 450 hp, manual, perfect fit doors... no rubs, nicely done interior door upholstery of any style. Cover or top is plus, as is show engine and clean underside, but not required, Will consider your trailer, race options: oil sump, competition breaks, wheels and tires.

I'm open to body manuf but want to see professional build... Preference for ERA, FFR, Backdraft, Everett-Morrison, B&B others open!

I am drawn to white strips but I'm open to creativity of color and stripe creativity.

Kind Regards,
Doug

dougtally@gmail.com
(Let me know the area code to look for)

twobjshelbys 09-11-2018 08:37 PM

Www.cobracountry.com

64ERA289FIA 09-17-2018 09:48 AM

Lemon Squad is a national chain that sub-contracts the work to whoever they can find for every region, that service is geared more toward the average car, so the service is very spotty. When it comes to special interest cars I would recommend seeking out an independent appraiser / inspector in the region where the car of interest is located.

spdbrake 09-17-2018 10:09 AM

https://www.cars-on-line.com/shelby.html