Club Cobra

Club Cobra (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/)
-   Club Cobra Introduction Forum (introduce yourself) (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/club-cobra-introduction-forum-introduce-yourself/)
-   -   Hello from Greer SC!! (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/club-cobra-introduction-forum-introduce-yourself/143629-hello-greer-sc.html)

DSigel 05-20-2020 12:12 PM

Hello from Greer SC!!

I just joined a few days ago, because I am getting ready to start my first build. My uncle bought a Classic Roadsters kit in 1992 and stored it in his building since then .. Most has never been unboxed.. and the other day we were talking and I decided to buy it off of him. This will be my 45th vehicle.. so thought I should get something special to play with. I will be video documenting the entire build and hopefully be making a documentary on the Cobra Kit cars community and some of the builders and the history of the car.

1795 05-20-2020 02:12 PM

Welcome on board and good luck with the build. Given the age of the kit and how long it has been sitting, I would just suggest cautiously going through all of the bushings and any seals to make sure that they are still good. Rubber ages and there is no use putting it together to then find that you have to take it back apart to fix a leak.

Enjoy.

Jim

mrmustang 05-20-2020 08:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DSigel (Post 1476944)
I just joined a few days ago, because I am getting ready to start my first build. My uncle bought a Classic Roadsters kit in 1992 and stored it in his building since then .. Most has never been unboxed.. and the other day we were talking and I decided to buy it off of him. This will be my 45th vehicle.. so thought I should get something special to play with. I will be video documenting the entire build and hopefully be making a documentary on the Cobra Kit cars community and some of the builders and the history of the car.

Where in Greer are you?

Bill

DSigel 05-21-2020 05:56 AM

RE: Greer

Thanks Guys!!

I will be going through this, as though I am restoring a classic with regards to rubber, plastic, bearings and wiring .. much of that I will likely buy replacements to be on the safe side.. Great advice!! Thank you!!

@Bill I live just past Tooter Town off 14

Are you in Greer also?

ERA 778 05-21-2020 07:15 AM

I am in Greer as well, near Riverside High School. Built an ERA a few years ago and might be able to help with local sourcing, etc.
Mr.Mustang is not far from me and he can be a great source for all sorts of information.

DSigel 05-21-2020 09:11 AM

Awesome!, I might just have to invite you guys to a cook out and pick your brains :)

Thank you so much!!!

mrmustang 05-21-2020 03:13 PM

About twenty minutes from your location

spdbrake 05-21-2020 06:28 PM

I'm moving to Lyman this weekend.

DSigel 05-22-2020 06:32 AM

Lyman is super close!!!

It is awesome that so many live so close!!

Thank you all!! This is going to be great!!!

spdbrake 05-24-2020 10:17 AM

Made it to Lyman last night. Waiting on the Cobra and movers though. Our 13th move since getting hitched so getting used to it.

DSigel 05-26-2020 06:42 AM

Glad you made it safely!! I hope you had a great Memorial day weekend at your new home!!!

Chicagowil 05-27-2020 05:58 AM

Congrats on your acquisition! I have a 90 CR 427. I think you will be surprised as to how straight the fiberglass is. And it is very thick. I have been enjoying my build during this period of time at home.

My ex-in laws lived in Hartsville years ago. Not too far from you!

Thom

DSigel 06-29-2020 12:37 PM

re:Greer.. The Cobra has landed!!!

Hey guys, I made a mad dash to Tampico Illinois on Tuesday 06/23 to pick up the cobra and motor.. got it loaded strapped down and Sat drove straight back home!! I am so looking forward to meeting up with the locals and getting this bad boy built!!

Thanks all!!

Alfa02 06-30-2020 09:06 AM

Happy to hear, your CR made it to it's new home. If you need any other info. about the build, MANY great CR owners here, that can help, I took my 60% build, to near finish 97% now, took 3years but found the right people. There are certain area's that only CR have (wiring issues ) that you may find along the way, but we are here to help :) BB or SB ? The chassis is able to handle BB power (Mine is 427S/O) over 500HP. The Body & Chassis (quality wise) are the two best features of our CR's. Good luck, you have great people already that said they will help :) Cheers TommyRot. Just looked you have a 347 so SB, my bad ;)

ErikinSC 02-23-2021 05:06 PM

Cool to find a small group of other SC owners her in state. I’m in N Charleston, and looking forward to spring, when the “snakes” start to come out.