Club Cobra

Club Cobra (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/)
-   Club Cobra Introduction Forum (introduce yourself) (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/club-cobra-introduction-forum-introduce-yourself/)
-   -   newbe (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/club-cobra-introduction-forum-introduce-yourself/143815-newbe.html)

rolling man 07-10-2020 05:14 PM

newbe

hi guys finally got a chance to work on my dream car for a very good friend of mine and i really want to do him right . George is 73 years young and i am 70 years old and have spent 35 years in the special effects business local 44 Iaste and have been restoring C1 and C2 corvettes for 40 years here in So-Cal (i know worst state in the union ) can use a little help in finding quality parts for this project Shop parts and service manuals as we are starting this monday thanks for any help on this 1966 AC Cobra 427 side oiler Wayne

Grubby 07-12-2020 06:22 PM

All the Cobra kits are different. What kind of kit is it? If you don't know, post photos. Someone will know.

What exactly are you doing to the car.

It is all to vague, at least for me.

John

rolling man 08-03-2020 06:16 PM

thank you for your help

this cobra is a MK4 auto kraft ltd brookland industial park weybridge surrey england AK1247 california SPCN AC COBRA 1988 year . in my search for a master cylinder it ends up a english 1982-86 sierra pass car built by girling/lucas/TRW more rare then a muffler bearing. really looking for part numbers that will cross to newer superseded numbers or parts suppliers thanks for your time So is this a kit car ? Wayne

eschaider 08-03-2020 07:15 PM

The process is pretty straightforward,
  • Take the master cylinder out,
  • Measure the bore and stroke,
  • Buy a Doorman unit of similar bore and stroke that approximates the exterior app
    earance.

Ed