Club Cobra

Club Cobra (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/)
-   Club Cobra Introduction Forum (introduce yourself) (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/club-cobra-introduction-forum-introduce-yourself/)
-   -   New member from NC (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/club-cobra-introduction-forum-introduce-yourself/144379-new-member-nc.html)

Outdoorguy 01-09-2021 08:40 PM

New member from NC

Hello all. I have joined this club in an effort to sell a Cobra we have. My father-in-law passed away and his wife now has the vehicle. It is currently in my garage in Charlotte, NC. I have various brochures of parts/assemblies put on the vehicle, but unfortunately, she does not know much about it. After driving it I feel that it was most likely a street/drag car.

One of the members here saw my ad on Classic Auto Trader and suggested I look for help here. There, I have done my best to include as much info. about the vehicle as I can. There are pics of everything that I thought would be helpful and she has asked that I price it at $67,000. As I know essentially nothing about these cars, I have no idea if this is even reasonable.

I guess I am asking for any and all help that I can get. I tried to post a for sale ad here but I cannot find it in the listing section, so I guess it didn't take. Hopefully, someone here will know what she has and will make us a fair offer. If not, I hope to at least learn more about it so I can try to price it accurately for her. Thank you for reading and in advance for any help you may give us.

mrmustang 01-10-2021 06:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Outdoorguy (Post 1487522)
Hello all. I have joined this club in an effort to sell a Cobra we have. My father-in-law passed away and his wife now has the vehicle. It is currently in my garage in Charlotte, NC. I have various brochures of parts/assemblies put on the vehicle, but unfortunately, she does not know much about it. After driving it I feel that it was most likely a street/drag car.

One of the members here saw my ad on Classic Auto Trader and suggested I look for help here. There, I have done my best to include as much info. about the vehicle as I can. There are pics of everything that I thought would be helpful and she has asked that I price it at $67,000. As I know essentially nothing about these cars, I have no idea if this is even reasonable.

I guess I am asking for any and all help that I can get. I tried to post a for sale ad here but I cannot find it in the listing section, so I guess it didn't take. Hopefully, someone here will know what she has and will make us a fair offer. If not, I hope to at least learn more about it so I can try to price it accurately for her. Thank you for reading and in advance for any help you may give us.

Post it for sale HERE

Be sure to post all of the relevant information, manufacturer, drivetrain, interior color, exterior color, suspension, etc so it does not come off as a "look what I found on the web" fishing expedition that this post does.

Better yet, read THIS first. ;)

Bill S.

spdbrake 01-10-2021 07:14 AM

https://classics.autotrader.com/clas...lica/101375803

Mach 1 Fan 01-10-2021 07:55 AM

As you do not know what kit this or many details about what you are trying to sell, I would suggest you take your car to Dennis Olthoff. His Cobra shop is located on Hwy 150 halfway between Mooresville and Salisbury. 30 minutes from you. Dennis knows more about Cobra's than anyone in N.C. He has helped me with my Aurora Cobra.

I would think for a small fee Dennis could prepare you a report on exactly what you have, its proper value, and then you can move forward with marketing it. Best of luck.

ERA174 01-10-2021 09:44 AM

The advise offered above by mrmustang and Mach 1 Fan is spot on and should be your first step in attempting to sell this vehicle. Without having a realistic valuation you're going into the process blind and can't negotiate a fair price. If the link provided by spdbrake in post #3 is for the vehicle you're attempting to sell, it's my opinion your asking price is extremely optimistic. With that said, I could be wrong, I've not seen the vehicle and it may have value I'm not aware of. Good luck with your endeavor.

twobjshelbys 01-10-2021 12:18 PM

The reality is that this forum doesn't sell all that many Cobras. There is a site that specializes in Cobra sales:

www.cobracountry.com

patrickt 01-10-2021 12:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mach 1 Fan (Post 1487532)

I would think for a small fee Dennis could prepare you a report on exactly what you have, its proper value, and then you can move forward with marketing it. Best of luck.

I really like this idea the best.:cool: