Club Cobra

Club Cobra (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/)
-   Club Cobra Introduction Forum (introduce yourself) (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/club-cobra-introduction-forum-introduce-yourself/)
-   -   Hi everyone! (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/club-cobra-introduction-forum-introduce-yourself/145859-hi-everyone.html)

PDX Cobra 04-23-2022 05:33 PM

Hi everyone!

Hey all!

Been lurking for a while but I'm getting to the point where I'll have some questions, maybe a request or two. I'll start a thread detailing my build here soon.

Looking forward to utilizing the vast wealth of info stored here.

Cheers!

PDUB 04-23-2022 06:38 PM

Welcome to the madness! What replica are you building? Lots of great info here...

PDX Cobra 04-23-2022 09:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PDUB (Post 1505800)
Welcome to the madness! What replica are you building? Lots of great info here...

Thank you! To be honest what I have is a bit of a mystery. I picked it up in Georgia for a steal from a guy who had it for a number of years and never got around to doing anything with it, he got it from his dad who got it on trade...

Crawling around underneath it I found a tag welded on the chassis that leads me to believe it may be a StreetBeast...

I know that name can trigger a lot of folks around here. But, the price was right for a fairly decent body, and the plans I have I'm not too concerned with originality this wont be for purists.

xb-60 04-24-2022 02:37 AM

Welcome PDX, and no, we're actually not all mad here ;)

Another couple of qualifying posts, and you will probably be able to post some pictures of your car.
This forum is a great source of information, no matter what 'version' of Cobra you have. You can ask any questions, and more than likely you will find an answer/solution here.
I'm in Australia, and the help and other encouragement I've received for my build has been absolutely invaluable.

Cheers!
Glen

Buzz 04-24-2022 09:38 AM

Welcome and good luck with your build! Do it your way and be happy. Keep us posted with your progress!

mattbrowne 04-24-2022 10:33 AM

Welcome to the madness. We sometimes have a good time in the PNW. Quite a few knowledgeable people in the area.

sunman 04-24-2022 11:28 AM

Welcome lots of guys here with info and help. For great history on Streetbeast and the whole kit car industry google up “coachbuilt.com classic motor carriages”
My sisters off I-5 southwest see ya later
Party On

Alfa02 04-24-2022 01:30 PM

Welcome PDX Cobra, there's always room for one more Cobra guy here ;) Lots of info, great people, and there's always a Smarta$$ in the group, we take turns, this maybe my week :) Without these guys I would have never finished my Classic Roadster. Best thing, no one judges (No Pecking order) any one's else's Cobra. Like Mattbrowne said we here in Wash. St. try to drive as much as possible considering our weather. Cheers Tom.

PDX Cobra 04-24-2022 06:49 PM

Thanks for the encouraging words! I'm looking forward to being able to share my build with the group.

I'm contemplating starting a Youtube series chronicling the process as well. I'll be looking at a potential donor vehicle this coming week. Cross your fingers it fits the bill and is a viable option!