Club Cobra

Club Cobra (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/)
-   Club Cobra Introduction Forum (introduce yourself) (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/club-cobra-introduction-forum-introduce-yourself/)
-   -   New Superformance Cobra Owner (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/club-cobra-introduction-forum-introduce-yourself/145895-new-superformance-cobra-owner.html)

Kfle 05-07-2022 04:05 PM

New Superformance Cobra Owner

2 Attachment(s)
I am a new Superformance Cobra owner in Venice Florida. I just acquired SPO1512 about 3 weeks ago and couldnt be happier! It is powered by a big block Ford Racing 460 with some other upgrades. I look forward to learning a lot from the forums and connecting with others.

mattbrowne 05-07-2022 05:20 PM

Welcome to the madness. You're going to have a blast.

Blas 05-07-2022 06:00 PM

Yes… welcome to the maddens, I’m sure you will have the time of your life with the Cobra. Get to know it before going crazy with it. Yours sounds like a beast. Always happy to answer questions like most everyone on CC.
Blas

xb-60 05-07-2022 09:01 PM

Welcome. We're not all mad here ;)
As Blas said, go easy and get to know the car, but even when you think you know it, still drive the car with respect.

Cheers, and enjoy!
Glen

eschaider 05-08-2022 02:08 AM

The go easy admonition is perhaps the most valuable. A good exercise for a first-time Cobra owner is to find a large empty parking lot without phone poles or lamp posts if you can.

You will use the parking lot to find your car's traction limits for steering, braking, accelerating around a curve etc. If the parking lot is large enough and empty you can learn some of the things not to do so you don't get in trouble later when you are out on city streets or highways or twisty mountain roads.

Tommy 05-08-2022 04:02 AM

Welcome. And I agree with all the above advice. If you've not previously operated a high performance car without operator assists (e.g., traction control, ABS), you will discover that the limit to your car's performance potential is YOU. A very good and safe way to start to find out your car's limits (and your own) is to participate in a SCCA Autocross event. See if they have then near you and try it out if you can. . . . And your car looks awesome.

Kfle 05-08-2022 07:30 AM

Great advice everyone on finding the car's limits. You for sure have to respect these and the power in this one will get you turned around before you know it if you dont know what you are doing! I am looking forward to many years of enjoyment.

SBSerpent 05-08-2022 06:46 PM

Congrats. What brand tires do you have?

Kfle 05-09-2022 04:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SBSerpent (Post 1506218)
Congrats. What brand tires do you have?

They are new Cooper Cobras

incoming 05-09-2022 04:02 PM

Just my opinion from someone who had the $%^& scared out of me. I agree with the previous posts and will add some more information.

Beautiful car with the proper amount of meat under her. IMO, a Cobra with 16"17"or 18" rims just look stupid.

Please start out with like 22psi front and 18psi rear.

incoming 05-09-2022 04:04 PM

Just my opinion from someone who had the $%^& scared out of me. I agree with the previous posts and will add some more information.

Beautiful car with the proper amount of meat under her. IMO, a Cobra with 16"17"or 18" rims just look stupid.

SBSerpent 05-09-2022 09:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by incoming (Post 1506236)

Hmmmm....16" rims? Well that's a first for me.

But I guess everyone is entitled to their own opinion - stupid or not.

Maybe you're thinking of a STEERING wheel. ��

PDUB 05-10-2022 07:57 PM

Well...

Quote:

Originally Posted by SBSerpent (Post 1506244)
Hmmmm....16" rims? Well that's a first for me.

But I guess everyone is entitled to their own opinion - stupid or not.

Maybe you're thinking of a STEERING wheel. ��

no, not the steering wheel. They sell larger diameter rims, in 16", 17" and 18", for Cobras... because the 15" tires are getting scarcer. Some owners are OK with the larger rims and others not so much. Depends on the level of original look you want...

Good lookin' car, SB!

Laughing_Jakal 05-10-2022 10:39 PM

Beautiful car and congratulations!

1795 05-11-2022 03:21 AM

Enjoy, as others have said, with restraint and ego inn check! It is so easy to have someone in their little 4 cylinder car rev their engine at you and the thought comes to your head, "Oh yeah, wait to you see what this car can do!" That's when you find out what a cobra can do to you :eek:

It will take some time to wipe the grin off your face as you go for a cruise.

Jim

Buzz 05-12-2022 06:02 AM

It's easy to lope away from the little 4 cylinder cars, Miatas. etc. without mashing the gas too hard and really unleashing the beast. The real danger comes when the kid in his dad's M5 or a later model Corvette gives you a smirk and you get tempted to wipe it off his face. In these scenarios, the speeds and the stakes suddenly become much higher. On public roads it's generally best to bask in the coolness factor of your Cobra and let the confrontation go. The Cobra might well have the power to weight upper hand but the superior brakes, steering and electronic driver aids in any modern performance car will bail them out in a high speed crisis while in the Cobra you have only luck and prayer on your side - neither of which might be inclined to come through for you when you need them the most.
Awesome Cobra by the way - Love the look and I've always liked the idea of a thumping 385 series big block in a Superformance.