Club Cobra

Club Cobra (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/)
-   Club Cobra Introduction Forum (introduce yourself) (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/club-cobra-introduction-forum-introduce-yourself/)
-   -   new here (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/club-cobra-introduction-forum-introduce-yourself/94841-new-here.html)

grumpy2 02-16-2009 10:17 AM

new here

I had tried to register here several years ago without success, guess I messed it up because of email address change. Anyhow I'm here,I built my first Cobra replica in 1982, had it until 1989 then went back to street rods,and a couple of restorations[model A and 65 Mustang]still have the Mustang.I sold a great driving 34 outlaw coupe and a 37 Ford pickup to build my FFR coupe. Wish I had them back!
I nearly didn't buy the FFR because I didn't want to screw togather a bunch of ready made parts, big suprise.
I'm just finishing a '51 MGTD, the wife doesn't care for cruising in the Daytona, it's to fast but loves the MG ,it's anything but.
If I can sell the FFR coupe without taking to bad a beating I'll start a new build,all I know is it'll be a Ford, kind of thinking Huricane 289, can't get the Cobra roadster I saw in 1964 out of my mind, wire wheels and all. Now that I'm older big block cars have lost their appeal [unless of course an original early Mustang] I'll be hanging around for whats up .

Doug I 02-17-2009 06:15 AM

My dad would be very interested in seeing pics of the TD build as he used to drive/race a '51TD on the mid/late 50's

ohh yeah - Welcome !!! :)

Clois Harlan 02-17-2009 06:53 AM

Welcome aboard Grumpy,

I can relate to the registration as I seem to recall having similar issues a few years ago. Sounds like you will be a good source to go to for all kinds of questions. I am glad you're here.

Clois Harlan
aka tulsacobra in a few outer places

Seagull81 02-17-2009 04:35 PM

Welcome and good luck with your build.
Steve