Club Cobra

Club Cobra (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/)
-   Club Cobra Introduction Forum (introduce yourself) (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/club-cobra-introduction-forum-introduce-yourself/)
-   -   Intro time- New FFR owner :) (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/club-cobra-introduction-forum-introduce-yourself/99482-intro-time-new-ffr-owner.html)

saki302 09-07-2009 03:59 PM

Intro time- New FFR owner :)

1 Attachment(s)
I guess it's time I post up an intro!

I bought my car in the beginning of August, 2 days before I went overseas for 2 weeks.. Talk about looking forward to something at home :D

I bought this from Bob O'Connor of Baysport, who had built the car on 07-08 with his late brother, who was on these forums around that time.

It's got an FMS crate 351W, Tremec TKO600, and a Ford 8.8 rear with the 3-link. Power steering and power brakes, and nice LARGE brake rotors from the Cobra R in front (making 17" wheels necessary). I test drove one with bad brakes, and can't afford the underwear changes!

I had a few minor issues which I corrected- first thing was the original FFR radiaor mount failed (top radiator web cracked). I added the breeze lower reinforcement bar, fabbed up a clamp plate for the top, and that's that :D

There was also a mysterious power steering fluid leak, which I've been trying to pinpoint with strategically placed paper towels. No leaks so far- it's either working like Schrodinger's cat-box in reverse, or it could have been a loose reservoir cap :) I hope it was just the latter (boy, a couple ounces of fluid makes a holy mess under the car!).

Anyhow, I've finally gotten to enjoy the car- I took it on a nice drive today. The front shocks will go back to Bilstein for the recall/rebuild next week.

-Dave

1985 CCX 09-07-2009 04:06 PM

Sounds like a cool car! Congrats and welcome to the sickness....:JEKYLHYDE

saki302 09-07-2009 05:21 PM

Thanks!! Even my wife loves this car- she doesn't miss my Z06 at all :D

Seagull81 09-07-2009 06:26 PM

Sweet car! Welcome.