Club Cobra

Club Cobra (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/)
-   Club Forums (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/club-forums/)
-   -   Getting to know Emerson Motorsports (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/club-forums/21392-getting-know-emerson-motorsports.html)

TLF 11-01-2002 03:40 PM

Getting to know Emerson Motorsports

I would like to know how people feel about Emerson Motorsports. Let me here the + and - about the company. Thanks TLF

bonyhadi 11-01-2002 08:07 PM

Met Bill at DVSF. He has an reputation as a man of honor, great builder, flexible. Also met Terry Geisler who should no be finishing his
second car with Bill. Observed beautiful craftsmanship and some one off work on Terry's car.

Turk 11-01-2002 08:34 PM

Class act.
Loves what he is doing and it shows.
I was in his shop and went with him to visit some of his customer's cars at their homes. Every one of the the owners were willing to have him back with me tagging along just to give their raving reviews for the cars he built for them.

I endorse him without reservations.

TURK

gary289fia 12-27-2002 08:17 PM

Bill worked on my Unique earlier this year. Some touch ups, alignment and a short shopping list of other stuff. Really good work. Ihave more on a list for him as soon as he has time.
Gary
Unique FIA 289

Ron61 12-28-2002 04:51 AM

I live one mile from Bill's shop and spend a lot of time over there. I have the first car he built and it is primative compared to what he does now. They will make any modifications that anyone wants and the cars are now mostly one of a kind as the customers all want something a little different. Everything from all out race cars to cars with movie screens in the dash. The craftsmansiop is superb and the only drawback is the waiting time. But Bill is still a small operation and just can't turn out cookie cutter cars as fast as some of the large builders. I am happy with my car which was built in 1996 and is definately about the bottom of the barrell but it handles well and I drive it hard. Price, like everything else depends on what you want done and the options you want. But for a custom car that is very well built I would at least recommend that you talk to him. TLF if you want a ride just come up on a nice day and have Bill give me a call. Then you can go look at the really nince cars he has built. I use the road over to Shasta Dam to take people for short rides on as it gives you a real feel for how well the car will corner and accelerate.

:) :)

jpk 12-30-2003 07:34 AM

Bill Emerson is held in high regard among BACC folks. He did some repair work on my car earlier in the year. As has already been said here, he's a class act. His work is beyond reproach, he is honest and personable, and his pricing is reasonable. If there were a downside, it would be the waiting time. Not only because it's a small operation, but because he's a perfectionist, and won't let go of something until he's happy with it. When you call the shop, the person most likely to answer the phone is Bill.

joe kennedy

Tony Ripepi 12-30-2003 01:16 PM

Hello TLF,

I have had many dealings with Bill over the last four years and he has proved himself to be honest, forthwright in his estimates and a perfectionist as a highly skilled craftsman. I have referred many people to Bill and he has always provided the best work at a reasonable price point.

I recommend him without reservation.

Tony R.