17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30

Kirkham Motorsports

Like Tree7Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 02-09-2015, 02:05 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Pace 427SC. LSA Supercharged with 6sp TR-6060 trans.
Not Ranked     

Awesome!! I will be watching this thread with great interest.

Great to see another Chevy powered Cobra!FYI, I am currently building a Pace aluminium/aluminum chassis 427SC Cobra powered by a ZL1 LSA and MG9 TR6060. Will be about 2200lb ready to rock. Fun times lay ahead.

Out of interest, have you considered fitting traction control?
Old 02-09-2015, 02:29 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Shell Valley Supercharged LS3. Factory Five MarkII Dart Blocked 410 Stroker.
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paintwerks View Post
Awesome!! I will be watching this thread with great interest.

Great to see another Chevy powered Cobra!FYI, I am currently building a Pace aluminium/aluminum chassis 427SC Cobra powered by a ZL1 LSA and MG9 TR6060. Will be about 2200lb ready to rock. Fun times lay ahead.

Out of interest, have you considered fitting traction control?
Do You have a build thread that I can check out? Would like to see another LS build. Traction control? It could be done but would be a lot of work. Are you planning on trying to install it on your build? If so I would be very interested in checking it out. I opted for the right foot method, lol.
Old 02-09-2015, 11:46 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Robnell Blown LS1
Not Ranked     

What size/part number wilwood calipers are you using on the front and rear ?
Old 02-09-2015, 08:03 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Shell Valley Supercharged LS3. Factory Five MarkII Dart Blocked 410 Stroker.
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyleb View Post
What size/part number wilwood calipers are you using on the front and rear ?
I will get the info off the boxes tomorrow night.
Old 02-10-2015, 12:18 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Robnell Blown LS1
Not Ranked     

Much appreciated.
Old 03-01-2015, 05:50 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Default Dyno

Finally made it to the dyno for the final tuning. Made 640RWHP and 615 torque. Car is an absolute beast on the street. Now for the tear down so I can start on the body work and paint.
Old 03-01-2015, 07:13 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

What brand is the mount you used to mount the fuel pump? I like the AN fitting style. Was it part of the fuel cell or a separate piece?
Old 03-01-2015, 04:10 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by joyridin' View Post
What brand is the mount you used to mount the fuel pump? I like the AN fitting style. Was it part of the fuel cell or a separate piece?
Shell Valley uses a 1969 camaro tank so I just ordered a fuel injected tank from tanks Inc. The pump and sender are also from them. They have a few Wallboro pumps to choose from. The one I'm using is good for about 800RWHP.
Old 03-01-2015, 04:21 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Thanks for the info!
Old 03-04-2015, 02:27 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

A few pictures of the ride before It left for the Dyno. Vise gripped the side pipes on as they are not going to be used for the build. At least they didn't fall off. Car was pretty solid and we had no leaks and no drive line vibrations. Now it's tear down time and start body work.
Attached Images

Old 03-04-2015, 02:31 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

A few pictures of my wife's Cobra. It's a Beast.
Attached Images

albanycobra likes this.
Old 03-29-2015, 06:55 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Finally finished the tunnel up. It sucked having to remove the Camaro shifter but the ebrake would not fit so after the dyno tune it came out and had a direct shifter made. Works great but doesn't have the forward look. Final cutting the side pipes holes today and sending the side pipes off tomorrow to GP Headers so they can make a set of polished stainless Pipes. Next week I will start the tear down so I can get rolling on the bodywork. This thing put down 645WRHP 615TQ. Absolute Beast to drive.
Attached Images

Old 04-06-2015, 01:37 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Last pieces for the exhaust are done and test fitted. Sending side pipes off today to GP Headers to have a stainless set made. I think these look better than just a hole in the body. Hand cutting stainless is a *****.
Attached Images

Old 04-29-2015, 12:36 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Classic Roadsters
Not Ranked     
Default Blown LS fan!!

I've got a home built sports car with blown LS engine myself. On top of the supercharger, I've also converted it to SOHC. It's not a Cobra but a Ferrari GTO. I've got a build thread on another site: C5 gto - All MetalShaping

I really like what you're doing with your Cobra, especially the novel engine angle. I also used C5 Corvette suspension, transaxle, etc. on my GTO. Now that I've said this, you can figure out where my user name comes from

Anyway, thumbs up on you work!
Old 05-01-2015, 02:23 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Thanks for the good words and I will be checking out your project.
Old 05-25-2015, 06:20 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Default side pipes are finished.

Had the side pipes made from 304 stainless. GP Headers used band clamps for a little different look and also make the pipes serviceable Incase of damage. All that is left is some chrome pipe hangers from Shell Valley.
Attached Images

Old 11-21-2015, 03:22 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Pace 427SC. LSA Supercharged with 6sp TR-6060 trans.
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by tkrupinski View Post
Do You have a build thread that I can check out? Would like to see another LS build. Traction control? It could be done but would be a lot of work. Are you planning on trying to install it on your build? If so I would be very interested in checking it out. I opted for the right foot method, lol.
Hey there.

Sorry for the looong delay in responding as I just saw your response to my post. My bad!

Per your request, here is my build thread:

Paintwerks' Absolute Pace 427SC build thread

Have decided against the traction control setup at present.

Cheers,
Sime
Old 07-16-2016, 01:16 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

As soon as figure out the picture download problem I will finish this build thread.
Old 07-16-2016, 04:19 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPF#1867 , KC427
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by tkrupinski View Post
As soon as figure out the picture download problem I will finish this build thread.
Excellent build! I cry every time I think of why there is not a whipple or eaton roots style blower for a 351 Windsor! I tell a friend all the time how a blown LS3 or LS7 would make the best engine for a cobra. You get your old school pushrod sounding motor with massive power and factory electronics allowing for great MPG. I've know I will more than likely eventually do a 385 series stroked big block and its encouraging to hear someone say how much the engine driving a cobra with as much rwhp as you have. The big block will make good numbers but it wont' put down what your car does.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: