Club Cobra

Club Cobra (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/)
-   Cobras For Sale (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/cobras-sale/)
-   -   CWI Inc IRS (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/cobras-sale/14442-cwi-inc-irs.html)

Venom S 02-06-2002 08:20 AM

CWI Inc IRS

I found this website in my Kit Car magazine about a company called Concours West Industries (CWI) Inc., that makes custom Jag, Ford 9", and Quick Change IRS systems. Is anyone using one of their IRS systems?

www.cwiinc.com

Venom_S

Back in Black 02-06-2002 08:39 AM

Awesome !

If the 9 inch system works (Is made) as good as it looks, it's a weiner ! It at least looks trick.

I would not leave a standard Jag rear end in any cobra I owned, for long...this Ford 9 inch style is the type of system needed.

My West Coast cobra will have an all new Strange Engineering 9 inch Ford style 3.00 Pro Street modular differential, and 31 spline Pro Street axles. It's a straight axle, but on a standard type cobra, you want the IRS of course.:cool:

Double Venom 02-06-2002 08:46 AM

They will make just about anything you want. (They made the 11" Ford rearend for the DV II)

But, keep in mind it is a single wishbone set up!
DV

Venom S 02-06-2002 08:50 AM

Thanks DV. Is there a drawback to the single wishbone design?

Venom_S

Double Venom 02-06-2002 09:37 AM

Venom,
Not really a problem, unless you put some real serious HP down to the ground. IF, not likely, but IF you should break a half shaft the wheel falls flat to the pavement. Not a purdy site!

DV

Venom S 02-06-2002 09:43 AM

Thanks again DV. My 557 ci big block is estimated to produce 671 HP at the flywheel. I have no intention of drag racing this car, or using drag slicks. Just an occasional sprint on the freeway on-ramp, or a few laps at the track. I guess I can safely assume :CRY: that I will be OK.

Thanks
Venom_S

Tom T. 02-06-2002 09:50 AM

CWI

CWI rebuilt and beefed up the Jag irs for my car. Very nice work, and, Mike, the owner, is a real gentleman.

TT

Tongue Pirate 02-06-2002 11:12 AM

I have looked over the CWI site before & have one question which maybe some one can answer? How is the pricing?

Venom S 02-06-2002 11:20 AM

CWI Pricing

I just called them. The 9" IRS with 11" Wilwood brakes is $5500. I asked for the cost of polishing the center section, and they said they no longer do that. Oh well.

Venom_S

Les Veach 06-09-2002 09:34 PM

Which Manufactur made car ?

Whom constructed/ built ?

Thanks

Les

Venom S 06-10-2002 07:24 AM

Les-

The last time I spoke with CWI (about a year ago), they can make their IRS to fir any car. They just need certain dimensions. In the end, I ended up using an IRS from Precison Brakes Company, in Ashland, OR. Their IRS is made to fit the FFR Cobra with the live axle setup (mounting points).

Venom_S