Club Cobra

Club Cobra (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/)
-   Consumer Watch (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/consumer-watch/)
-   -   Grumpys Garage/Carlton W.Bridges (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/consumer-watch/74870-grumpys-garage-carlton-w-bridges.html)

csr 12-01-2006 04:03 AM

Grumpys Garage/Carlton W.Bridges

Personal message to Mr.Carlton;
are you still in business?
are you planning to honor your commitments to customers that pay you in advance?
after several months how come you still have "problems"with your tel.line?

sigx97 12-05-2006 03:11 PM

hmm...this whole thing gets stranger and stranger

csr 12-23-2006 01:51 PM

Still missed in action;no returning calls and e-mails.
Smell of Fraud and Scam all over:mad: :mad: :mad:

sigx97 01-10-2007 07:49 AM

http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/showthread.php?t=72589

sigx97 01-14-2007 10:47 PM

bumping because of new info in thread

http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/show...113#post705113

csr 08-13-2007 06:54 PM

after various promises of returning the money......zero,nada...:CRY: :CRY: :CRY:

just an update

sigx97 10-29-2007 09:40 AM

csr-
you need to contact an attorney in the Houston area ASAP. Try www.lawyers.com

sigx97 02-19-2008 09:21 PM

I wanted to make sure this topic stays up near the front as to bring attention to this fact: Carlton Wayne Bridges aka Grumpy d/b/a Grumpy's Garage and d/b/a COBRA 351 now has a judgment against him signed by Judge Cagle in the court system Houston Texas in my favor.
It amazes me that people will not do the right thing and return monies.

Giampiero 06-12-2008 10:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sigx97 (Post 816976)
I wanted to make sure this topic stays up near the front as to bring attention to this fact: Carlton Wayne Bridges aka Grumpy d/b/a Grumpy's Garage and d/b/a COBRA 351 now has a judgment against him signed by Judge Cagle in the court system Houston Texas in my favor.
It amazes me that people will not do the right thing and return monies.

Thats good,but for what is my understanding he has no money or properties....
Good luck btw,I lost myself more than 20,000$ ......

sigx97 06-12-2008 12:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Giampiero (Post 851341)
Thats good,but for what is my understanding he has no money or properties....
Good luck btw,I lost myself more than 20,000$ ......

OH I'm not done with Carlton Bridges aka Grumpy by damn sight. He will learn he cannot steal money and break the. I really don't think he realizes just how much trouble he is about to be in, Johnny Law tends to come down pretty hard on theft in the amounts we are talking about.

Giampiero 06-12-2008 01:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sigx97 (Post 851378)
OH I'm not done with Carlton Bridges aka Grumpy by damn sight. He will learn he cannot steal money and break the. I really don't think he realizes just how much trouble he is about to be in, Johnny Law tends to come down pretty hard on theft in the amounts we are talking about.

Let me know if you need anything.....like copy of contract ,copy of transfers,copy of his e-mails etc etc

sigx97 07-13-2008 02:13 PM

Carlton Bridges-
I know you are still looking at the forums, why don't you want to reply and let everyone know your version?

sigx97 02-05-2009 06:51 PM

Since Carlton Bridges will not return any monies I had the constable in his county seize his land in Lufkin TX in Angelina County. It went up for public auction on Tuesday.

I am very glad I did not let my statute of limitations run out and I got my judgement before I had no legal leg to stand on.

tool time George 02-08-2009 01:59 AM

Atta boy sigx97
we can never let these creeps get away with there scams. I hope the prick had plans for that land!!!

mickmate 02-08-2009 07:03 AM

Last I heard he was putting a building on it for his fibreglass shop but that was a while ago now. This whole thing is a real shame and I feel for you guys as I know how painful it is to go through a deal like that. No excuses here but Grumpy lost his missus in the middle of things there and I think that really threw him and the business into a real mess. If I can help you guys out with any parts I'm making let me know. I'm not geared up to build the whole car yet but that's what I'm working towards.

sigx97 02-10-2009 07:05 PM

Carlton Bridges had every chance to work out a deal between my lawyer and I. He refused any sort of communication. He would never agree to any sort of a schedule to return monies to me or csr. The land that was seized and is actually now mine due to the auction is a plot of land. There are legal blocks in place now to where Carlton Bridges can not sell his house or any land. That is good for the next 10 years due to my judgement and is easily renewed. Simply put: the house he lives in now and the land it is on will one day be mine. He can not legally do anything with that house or land now except reside in it.

Let me add this too. Carlton said to the constable last year that he sold the vehicle he was supposedly building for me. SO if there ever even was a Cobra not only did he make the money off me, he also made money from that sale to someone else.

Three Peaks 02-10-2009 08:04 PM

I could well have been in your shoes. I asked Grumpy for a price list for his Cobra and parts. What I received was a contract with no pricing on it, not even the blanks filled out for what he wanted me to agree to "pay for"?
I guess he thought I was just going to sign the form and send it back like a blank check and he would build whatever he wanted and charge whatever sounded good that day.

After that, I bought the body/chassis from Roger Bolick, partly based on the fact that Grumpy said he had all the parts I needed to finish the project. Same thing, never could pin him down on pricing, delivery times, etc.... and finally gave up after several months of trying to make some headway with him.

I'm just glad you finally put an end to his activity so he couldn't take advantage of anyone else with his endless BS stories and fraudulent activity. Also glad you were made whole by the courts. It seems you never hear of justice like this coming along anymore.

Bob

Maricopa 02-11-2009 07:21 AM

That was pretty much his SOP. Way back when I first got my kit I emailed him about his 289 style body. Never heard a thing for weeks then I get an email saying he and his son are ready to hop in their truck and trailer one to AZ to swap out for my FFR body and cash. No mention of the price, pictures of his product or anything, just, "We can be there in 2 days."
Fortunately I passed but I'm glad to hear some justice was done.

sigx97 04-06-2009 08:22 PM

Got the paperwork from the local government in Texas last week. The land that was seized by the constable is now officially mine. Granted its just around 1 acre of land, atleast it is something. Anyone need some land? Now to move on his his other hidden assets. I know he has a Harley Davidson according to the public records. May go after that next!

bridgesburned 11-06-2018 05:05 PM

I couldn't sign into my old sigx account, but after over decade I finally have an ending to this story. In Texas you can't seize a homestead even if you have a judgement. Carlton Bridges died last year, so the property and home were no longer his. Because I had my judgment extended (after 10 years a judge has to extend it) I was able to finally collect my judgement today.
I post this update because I know car scams still happen and it can take awhile, but if you take legal action stay on top of your judgement!