Club Cobra

Club Cobra (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/)
-   Consumer Watch (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/consumer-watch/)
-   -   Kudos to Mustangs Unlimited & Scott Drake (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/consumer-watch/91391-kudos-mustangs-unlimited-scott-drake.html)

Wayne Maybury 09-16-2008 06:20 AM

Kudos to Mustangs Unlimited & Scott Drake

I purchased a Rally-Pac from Mustangs Unlimted for my '66 Mustang last September which I installed over the winter. By mid summer I noticed that the tach was indicating 1100 rpm at idle which I knew was higher than the engine was actually turning. I didn't think much of it and kept using the car when I happened to observe that the tach stayed at 400 rpm when the engine was shut off.

I called M U to explain the situation and was told that they only had a 60 day (maybe 30 day) return policy on electronics. I thought that I was screwed but they called me back saying that Scott Drake Mustang Parts (their supplier) had a 1 year warranty so I should sent it directly back to them which I did. S D called back a week later saying that this unit was not supplied by them and added that it appeared to be quite old and had been "used" which I understood to mean that it had already been repaired. It appeared as though I had received an old, used Rally-Pac.

Now I was sure that I was really screwed but M U stepped up to the plate. They requested that S D return the old unit to them at which time they sent me a brand new Rally-Pac.

I received great service from both Mustangs Unlimited and Scott Drake Mustang Parts which is great to see when so many suppliers just let the consumer muddle through on his/her own.

Regards,
Wayne

Ron61 09-16-2008 06:32 AM

Wayne,

Nice to hear that things worked out for you. When I had my Cobra I ordered several things from MU and was never disappointed with their service or their answer to any questions that I had.

Ron

Cashburn 09-16-2008 06:49 AM

Have not followed the pricing in awhile, but wouldn't an original Rally Pack be worth quite a bit of money over a reproduction?

Wayne Maybury 09-16-2008 10:40 AM

Jay

I have heard of people reportedly paying thousands of dollars for an original Rally-Pac while a repro is $399.

Wayne

Cashburn 09-16-2008 01:08 PM

So did you send back an original? I don't know if they have been selling the repros very long?

Wayne Maybury 09-16-2008 02:45 PM

Jay
I guess my original post may have been a bit misleading when I said it was "old". It was a repro made in 2005 so it had been around for a couple of years before I purchased it and it appears that it was repaired and/or returned to Mustangs Unlimited. Scott Drake was very helpful especially since this was not one of their products.

Wayne

Trueoo7 09-16-2008 04:56 PM

I've used MU quite a few times and I've been pleased with them as well. Quality of their products has been very good. And their prices aren't too bad either.

Cashburn 09-16-2008 05:49 PM

Ahhh, I got it. Glad to hear some praise.

Wayne Maybury 09-17-2008 05:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cashburn (Post 880454)
Glad to hear some praise.

We are ready to scream when someone gives us bad service, so I thought that I would talk about a couple of companies giving good service by going above and beyond what most other companies would do.

Wayne

PANAVIA 12-01-2008 03:00 AM

Blue Oval Classics also makes rally pacs, you have to be careful how you hook them upto avoid them being damaged.

I am astounded at Scott Drakes response, that is truly cool of them.

they have not been so helpful in the past.

Steve