Club Cobra

Club Cobra (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/)
-   Consumer Watch (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/consumer-watch/)
-   -   Detroit Competition Engineering - Anybody Know Them (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/consumer-watch/99325-detroit-competition-engineering-anybody-know-them.html)

Paul F 08-31-2009 02:55 PM

Detroit Competition Engineering - Anybody Know Them

Anybody know this company? Their web site makes it look like they haven't been around long.

Just curious.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Ford-...#ht_2344wt_941

trularin 08-31-2009 03:13 PM

Well RCR is in Mt. Getto...wait Mt. Clemmons. So is that Ford shop up the street from them. I can not remember their name.

There are plenty of shops in the metro Detroit area that build engines. Gap and Rousch, Muldowney and others.

This could be a spin. Did you contact them?

If yes, what did they say?

:D

patrickt 08-31-2009 03:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Paul F (Post 979407)
Anybody know this company? Their web site makes it look like they haven't been around long.

Just curious.

Mount Clemens is only a half-hour away from West Bloomfield, home of another engine builder, Barry Rabotnik (Survival Motorsports). Send him a PM and ask him his opinion of these guys. He'll at least tell you the truth.

TomR 09-10-2009 09:06 AM

I'm curious too. Anyone know anything about this business?

trularin 09-10-2009 10:34 AM

Pat, I am not sure I want to be in the car if West Bloomfield is 30 minutes from Mt Clemmons. :LOL:

Getting across Big Beaver alone will take 45 minutes...on a good day.

:eek:

patrickt 09-10-2009 10:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by trularin (Post 982220)
Pat, I am not sure I want to be in the car if West Bloomfield is 30 minutes from Mt Clemmons. :LOL:

Getting across Big Beaver alone will take 45 minutes...on a good day.

:eek:

Really? I thought everyone was unemployed in that area and just staying at home watching Scooby Doo and eating Cheetos.:D

trularin 09-10-2009 12:27 PM

Well, most are. :LOL:

When was the last time you were in Detroit?

:D

patrickt 09-10-2009 12:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by trularin (Post 982273)
When was the last time you were in Detroit?

Only about 15 years ago....

drexus 03-22-2010 02:26 PM

Detroit Competition Engineering

Do as you wish

Double Venom 03-22-2010 03:53 PM

The link is now vacated too. Enough info for me.

Cashburn 03-22-2010 04:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Double Venom (Post 1037950)
The link is now vacated too. Enough info for me.

In fairness that's because eBay does not keep listings for a year or so... :rolleyes:

patrickt 03-22-2010 04:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cashburn (Post 1037956)
In fairness that's because eBay does not keep listings for a year or so... :rolleyes:

Not to mention that was the first and only post by drexus. Not exactly "cricket" as some would say....:rolleyes:

Double Venom 03-22-2010 05:12 PM

Both are excellent points......?

xs_performance 04-28-2010 02:45 PM

Avoid these guys at all cost!!!

I became a member here to let everyone know about this shady company. CHECK THEM OUT before you do any business with them. there is better business bureau complaints on them and alot of threads on other site with people telling about the problems with them. I had them rebuild a 5.4 engine for me and they botched the whole thing up royaly and cost me an engine. If anyone wants the details, documents, pictures and records of what happened, please feel free to email me and i will provide them for you. The owner of this company, Paul, is a true d$#%k head and has no reason to be in business by the way he runs it. Take this as you will, just think about parting with your money to this questionable shop!!!!

skippy 04-29-2010 08:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by xs_performance (Post 1047260)
I became a member here to let everyone know about this shady company. CHECK THEM OUT before you do any business with them. there is better business bureau complaints on them and alot of threads on other site with people telling about the problems with them. I had them rebuild a 5.4 engine for me and they botched the whole thing up royaly and cost me an engine. If anyone wants the details, documents, pictures and records of what happened, please feel free to email me and i will provide them for you. The owner of this company, Paul, is a true d$#%k head and has no reason to be in business by the way he runs it. Take this as you will, just think about parting with your money to this questionable shop!!!!

Well that says it all...... :mad:

Detroitcomp 05-02-2010 03:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by xs_performance (Post 1047260)

LOL... Here is the proof this guy is nothing but a ass.. I told him I would fix his messup on the engine for 300.00 and Iwould pay shipping both ways..
Here is the proof:

http://www.youtube.com/user/detroit1.../0/4RG1s0IqxIo

Detroitcomp 05-02-2010 03:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by skippy (Post 1047473)
Well that says it all...... :mad:

http://www.youtube.com/user/detroit1.../0/4RG1s0IqxIo
Here is the real story....:LOL:

xs_performance 05-11-2010 07:46 AM

your a clown and are such a scammer. you try so hard to make yourself look good but its too bad ive got something for ya when we meet in court, lol!!

computerworks 05-11-2010 07:50 AM

Unfortunately, this is NOT how we handle Consumer Watch issues on this forum.

You both may move on now...and I hope you settle your differences.

ron
ClubCobra Moderator