Club Cobra

Club Cobra (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/)
-   Contemporary Classic Forums (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/contemporary-classic-forums/)
-   -   ccx newbie (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/contemporary-classic-forums/133679-ccx-newbie.html)

xm15 06-14-2015 05:22 PM

ccx newbie

Hello,

Just acquired a CCX and was hoping for some info:

What size are the pin drive wheels that came on the cars?

Currently ruinning Hoosier TD's that are a little extreme for me for the street. Avons are expensive! Any other options other than Coopers, BFG's, Mickey Thompsons?

Where are the best lift points (safety and damage free) for a floor jack and/or if it goes to a shop with a lift but need the wheels removed?

Were the fuel tanks made for them or were they from a manufactured car (prior owner had a fule cell installed)?

Thank you

mickmate 06-14-2015 08:18 PM

Welcome aboard and congrats on a nice car. Wheels are usually 15 x 7.5" front and 15 x 9.5" rear. There were quite a few tire and wheel sizes that fit though. Look on the wheel spokes for identifying letters and numbers. I sent you a PM for your e-mail address.
Plenty of info and recommendations on here about tires. I like the Goodyear Billboards for the money and performance. They say not for highway use though some companies insure them. I would scratch BFG's off my list of options. A low profile floor jack helps but you have to come in diagonally by the oil cooler scoop on the front and pickup the front frame cross member. Rear you should be able to come straight in and pick it up under the diff or the cross member ahead of it.
Fuel tanks were typically 67-69 Camaro with some mods.

xm15 06-15-2015 08:34 PM

OK Thank you. Saw your website. Nice stuff!

Dominik 06-25-2015 04:40 AM

Did all CCX cars feature the lovely 6-pin conversion to use orginal dimension wheels?