Club Cobra

Club Cobra (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/)
-   Contemporary Classic Forums (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/contemporary-classic-forums/)
-   -   Need to verify what front end I have (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/contemporary-classic-forums/140214-need-verify-what-front-end-i-have.html)

Dennis Mosley 02-12-2018 01:42 PM

Need to verify what front end I have

3 Attachment(s)
Hi guys,

Can you guys give me an ID on this front suspension. Is it Jag?

There appears to be an adapter bolted on to work with the wheels that came with the car. What would I need to do if I wanted to change over to knock offs in the future.

Thanks

767Jockey 02-12-2018 11:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dennis Mosley (Post 1438337)
Hi guys,

Can you guys give me an ID on this front suspension. Is it Jag?

There appears to be an adapter bolted on to work with the wheels that came with the car. What would I need to do if I wanted to change over to knock offs in the future.

Thanks

Dennis, hard to tell since I can't blow up the photos to see better, but from what I see that's a Jag based suspension modified by Contemporary to eliminate the stock torsion bar and incorporate a proprietary Contemporary coil over setup in it's place. As for the adapters, I haven't seen anything like that. My car came with bolt-ons, I replaced them with Vintage Wheels knockoffs, they're 5 pin knockoffs that come with the adapters. Bob at Vintage knows all about what offset works with Contemporary cars.

Hope this helps,
Doug

Dennis Mosley 02-13-2018 06:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 767Jockey (Post 1438380)
Dennis, hard to tell since I can't blow up the photos to see better, but from what I see that's a Jag based suspension modified by Contemporary to eliminate the stock torsion bar and incorporate a proprietary Contemporary coil over setup in it's place. As for the adapters, I haven't seen anything like that. My car came with bolt-ons, I replaced them with Vintage Wheels knockoffs, they're 5 pin knockoffs that come with the adapters. Bob at Vintage knows all about what offset works with Contemporary cars.

Hope this helps,
Doug

Thanks Doug!

Danr55 02-19-2018 04:28 PM

Dennis, It looks like a Jag Series III front end.. to change to knock-offs, the adapter plate will bolt on the existing studs. You may have to shorten them just a bit as I did. Make very sure you torque them on as instructed and bring each one to full torque. Someone we know did not do that and lost a wheel at the track. It was scary but kind of funny also. See this car rolling down the track and it's rear wheel passing the car.. also be sure to use plenty of safety wire..