Club Cobra

Club Cobra (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/)
-   Contemporary Classic Forums (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/contemporary-classic-forums/)
-   -   Contemporary body off ground measurements (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/contemporary-classic-forums/143977-contemporary-body-off-ground-measurements.html)

Dominik 08-24-2020 03:20 AM

Contemporary body off ground measurements

Good morning!

I pulled the body out of my mould now and pre-fitted it to my chassis. Since I have tub and main body separate, I am looking for measurements to find how far the rear is above ground.

If someone could check for me:
sill (sides) above ground
and rear above ground

For owners with sidepipes it might prove to be easier to measure the leading edge of the rear fender. Or even more sexy, the angle of the rear fender.

My ground clearance to chassis in the rear, at the end of the main rails, is currently 5".

Dominik 08-25-2020 10:27 PM

I placed the rear fenders 650 mm off ground with the chassis having 160 mm clearance. That sounded like a cool measurement to me. 666 mm would have been even more cool, but not as low ;-)

krausewich 08-31-2020 07:21 AM

Hi Dominik,
Measuring to the undersides of the wheel arch lips, to the underside of the nose opening, and to the bottom edge of the trunk opening should put you pretty close to where you need to be. Make sure which Contemporary body you have as well, because I believe they changed their wheel flairs to wrap closer around the tires at some point.

Best of luck!!
Mike

Eljaro 01-17-2021 02:14 PM

My contemporary with 245/60-15 front and 295/50-15 rear tires measures from ground to the wheelarch lip 655mm in front and 675mm in the rear.

Dominik 12-02-2021 12:59 AM

Okay, since I managed to log in today and have the car on wheels I had 630 mm in the rear which caused the under car exhaust to touch too often. I raised to 650 mm. And 670 mm in the front.

My rear tires are quite far in because I use the original suspension layout. What I should have asked for is the width of the body under the seats. Before I cut and glued the tub in.

235/60/15, 275/60/15