Club Cobra

Club Cobra (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/)
-   Contemporary Classic Forums (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/contemporary-classic-forums/)
-   -   Help with Contemporary (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/contemporary-classic-forums/145436-help-contemporary.html)

Pmccooey 12-04-2021 02:36 PM

Help with Contemporary

I found what I believe is a Contemporary Classics but it has a Shelby ‘American, Inc plate on it with a CCX9 number? Is this correct?

Thanks.

twobjshelbys 12-04-2021 02:53 PM

See the other topic. The plates are available on eBay and other places for a couple of bucks. This is not a Shelby American car. CCX is Contemporary Classics.

You were right in asking. Some really ignorant people would try to pass it off as Shelby (see, it has a Shelby plate, so it must be ...) [I would use the word "dishonest" instead of "ignorant" but using the latter gives them the benefit of the doubt.]

Good luck.

Pmccooey 12-04-2021 03:28 PM

Thanks again. The owner thought it was a Shelby American but I figured with the CCX number it was a Contemporary. He doesn’t have much information on it and has only owned it a few years. Trying to figure out how old it is and history.

mrmustang 12-04-2021 03:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pmccooey (Post 1500342)
Thanks again. The owner thought it was a Shelby American but I figured with the CCX number it was a Contemporary. He doesn’t have much information on it and has only owned it a few years. Trying to figure out how old it is and history.

What is the CCX number you stated was stamped on the fake Shelby American Tag, as that will start you on the path to age.

Bill S.

Pmccooey 12-04-2021 04:45 PM

Ccx3-3228

saltshaker 12-04-2021 06:28 PM

date

ccx3-3221 was mfg 1987…from the Contemporary Registration
Jon

Danr55 12-05-2021 04:41 AM

Jon, do you have records for all of the Contemporary cars?

saltshaker 12-05-2021 01:20 PM

Contemporary book

Dan, no! Only the ones listed. I did a post a while back on the ones in the book
Jon

Pmccooey 12-05-2021 03:38 PM

Even though the plate say 3228 I think it might actually be 2288 as per the title.

saltshaker 12-05-2021 06:03 PM

nope! righter a production date or it started with a 3
jon

novasscnc 12-06-2021 04:33 PM

We are talking about the cars Peter Bayer built correct?

767Jockey 12-06-2021 05:51 PM

Yes, Contemporary was owned by Peter Bayer.

Pmccooey 12-07-2021 07:55 AM

So of the vin starts CCX3-2288 it wouldn’t be correct?

1985 CCX 12-07-2021 01:46 PM

Right

There were early cars that only had a date on frame and then there were CCX3-3XXX forward as I know it.

Pmccooey 12-08-2021 04:26 PM

I want to thank everyone for the help. I went out and personally inspected the vehicle today. The frame is CCX3-3228. The stamping on the frame stamped the two 3s on top of each other. Other than that the car was imacculate and I dropped a deposit on it and will pick it up Saturday. I checked the VIN with and without the 3 and they come back clean so it looks like an error somewhere along the line when it was titled. I’ll get that fixed.

Now I’ll be here with a ton of questions!

Alfa02 12-08-2021 05:45 PM

That's what were here for Pmccooey. As you're find, our family (Club site) is great for any info. no question is too trivial to ask, just about every one of our cars are truly one of a kind build's (Even Superformance). Welcome to the Madness, as we will tell you, dance slowly till you get to know her, every Cobra wants to kill you. Cheers TommyRot.