Club Cobra

Club Cobra (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/)
-   Contemporary Classic Forums (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/contemporary-classic-forums/)
-   -   Ball joints and suspension parts (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/contemporary-classic-forums/145834-ball-joints-suspension-parts.html)

Pmccooey 04-14-2022 11:22 AM

Ball joints and suspension parts

I got my new coil overs and now as I look to replace them I知 finding I need to replace about every bushing and service part in the suspension. I知 looking to change out the ball joints but they dont look like the Jaguar XKE ball joints I知 finding online. For some reason I cant post pictures but the appear to be threaded on with a castle nut on the spindle end.

Thanks,
Pat

Pmccooey 04-14-2022 12:01 PM

After doing more research it looks to be a Mustang II Suspension and Chrysler screw in ball joints. Hopefully I get the correct parts!

Danr55 04-14-2022 02:11 PM

Not to be discouraging, but that sounds silly. Perhaps someone out there might have a better idea of what and why...

Pmccooey 04-14-2022 04:20 PM

Between the Contemporary manual, the Jaguar XKE manual and numerous searches I’m slowly figuring out the pieces on this car. Front appears to be tubular Mustang II IFS with Chrysler screw in ball joints. I’m trying to order everything before I tear it down to avoid having it sitting on jack stands for who knows how long. Hopefully someone else has the same set up and can help out.

Lulworth 04-14-2022 08:21 PM

The Contemporary front coil over option was based on the Jaguar E Type (XKE) S1/S2 design using a XJ upright/stub axle carrier with a modified/repositioned steering arm and utilised Jaguar XJ 1968-1997 Upper & Lower ball joints .
Pre-assembled sealed units are the way to go
Lower bushes - E type
Upper bushes - E type or Jag Mk2

Thor maine 04-16-2022 07:49 AM

Mustang II tubular A arms? chrysler screw in ball joints? This is not a Contemporary!

Lulworth 09-13-2022 08:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pmccooey (Post 1505463)
Between the Contemporary manual, the Jaguar XKE manual and numerous searches I知 slowly figuring out the pieces on this car. Front appears to be tubular Mustang II IFS with Chrysler screw in ball joints. I知 trying to order everything before I tear it down to avoid having it sitting on jack stands for who knows how long. Hopefully someone else has the same set up and can help out.

Did you get any further with this?

Pmccooey 09-19-2022 06:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lulworth (Post 1510477)
Did you get any further with this?

Yes. Thanks for all your help. I got all the coil overs, bushings and ball joints replaced. Drives like it痴 on rails!!