Club Cobra

Club Cobra (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/)
-   Contemporary Classic Forums (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/contemporary-classic-forums/)
-   -   I'm looking for a contemporary cobra hood (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/contemporary-classic-forums/146750-im-looking-contemporary-cobra-hood.html)

shin japan 03-24-2023 04:08 PM

I'm looking for a contemporary cobra hood

Hello. I own a Contemporary Cobra in Japan.
I searched in Japan, but I can't find it. Someone posted a hood on a thread, but do you know how to import it to Japan?
I need help from real American Cobra enthusiasts.

strictlypersonl 03-26-2023 10:33 AM

Your best bet is to find someone with a Contemporary in Japan and pay someone to take a mold and part from it. That process will probably be worth more than USD $3000.

Alternately (and cheaper), find a Superformance in Japan and compare the basic dimensions. It might be close enough to be adapted. With a little luck, Superformance might sell you one.

I wonder whether there are any panel-beaters in Japan that could make an aluminum one...

Good luck.

1985 CCX 03-26-2023 07:14 PM

Alloy is the way to go! Shipping of the hood will far exceed the part $
Alloy in country better and cost effective.

xb-60 03-27-2023 12:59 AM

Off on a tangent here…. are there many other Cobra replicas in Japan?
Good luck with the hood search.

Cheers!
Glen

twobjshelbys 03-27-2023 08:31 AM

My car went to Japan.

incoming 03-28-2023 10:31 PM

Contact Maurice at Unique. He might be able to give some advice. I also have a friend who owns wipe of an original but he's a little busy.

Second stage of Artimus.

Danr55 03-29-2023 01:03 PM

Just because I'm curious, do you know that CCX number for your car?

incoming 03-30-2023 05:55 PM

Check out his profile.

Danr55 04-01-2023 02:35 PM

incoming, thanks.. not the car I'm looking for.

sgianino 04-02-2023 06:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by twobjshelbys (Post 1515877)
My car went to Japan.

Well i visited Japan for 2 weeks and i still own my ERA , so im cooler then you Tony

shin japan 04-07-2023 06:39 PM

Thank you everyone. There is a superformance agency in Japan, so I will ask.I'd like to get a hood based on everyone's advice.

mrmustang 04-08-2023 03:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shin japan (Post 1516237)
Thank you everyone. There is a superformance agency in Japan, so I will ask.I'd like to get a hood based on everyone's advice.

If that does not work out, contact "MrBruce" here, as he can produce what you need and should have no issues shipping worldwide.

Bill S.

Dominik 08-11-2023 11:11 PM

How did this work out?

I do recall a chat with SPF where I found out that CCX 3080 was indeed used to build the first SPF cars. So those hoods could very well be the same. IF it's an old SPF. They changed a bit over time. But perhaps the hood didn't?

It's a long shot to compare the two. I sold my CCX moulds (made in 2002 from CCX 3080) to Durban and somebody there would have to fit a hood made from my old mould into a SPF...
Easier to find a SPF hood in Japan, I suppose.

Surely though, somebody in Japan can make you one from aluminium to fit your car.