Club Cobra

Club Cobra (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/)
-   Contemporary Classic Forums (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/contemporary-classic-forums/)
-   -   Contemporary Classic Owners 2008-2009 winter projects (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/contemporary-classic-forums/93238-contemporary-classic-owners-2008-2009-winter-projects.html)

1985 CCX 11-25-2008 09:41 AM

Contemporary Classic Owners 2008-2009 winter projects

Guys,

Thought we could start a new thread for this year versus continue last year's thread?

This year:
1) Stub stack for Carb laminar flow improvement.
2) Wilson carb 1" spacer for torque benefit.
3) Tubular cross brace in front suspension for Coilover.
4) Original style door hinge.
5) Aluminum door conversion......:p
6) Repair aluminum hood I bought....maybe install..:p

That's it! Time to start the Christmas list......

cobrarkc 11-25-2008 09:56 AM

Jeff I quess we aren't selling the car. Do you have enough room to put the carb spacer on I'm right up to the scoop with my setup now, nothing to spare. What are you going to use for the coilover setup. Is Nick making A arms?

Shelboss 11-27-2008 06:57 AM

I am still years away from running, but Santa is bringing a 160 mph Smiths speedo and I just sent my dash out to be covered. That will complete the gauges that I need to assemble it. I am looking for pictures of a glove box door with beading on it if anyone has a street dash set-up, thanks
Art

1985 CCX 11-27-2008 07:31 AM

Rich

I do have room for the spacer, it will be close but it should work.

Great you are keeping the car!

Jeff

Vectormania 12-01-2008 04:11 PM

So far looks something like this:

Find and install a new Master cylinder
Rebuild rear brakes
Install SNG Barratt front suspension repair kit
Try to chase down and fix an oil leak

And if my wife hasn't kicked me out after that...start rewiring the entire car.

Wayne

1985 CCX 01-04-2009 12:40 PM

Wayne

How did the SNG kit work out?

mickmate 01-04-2009 01:40 PM

Hey Rich, Jeff and Doug are both after a coil over conversion for next winter. Let me know if your looking for one also as it's on my to do list.