Club Cobra

Club Cobra (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/)
-   Coupe Talk (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/coupe-talk/)
-   -   All-new gen 3 factory five coupe (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/coupe-talk/137445-all-new-gen-3-factory-five-coupe.html)

cycleguy55 10-28-2016 05:12 PM

All-new gen 3 factory five coupe

A completely new design from FFR - the only parts carried over are the windshield and small composite scoops. New frame and body with "increased performance, increased cockpit space, and improved body shape", as well as "a new, improved, more symmetrical, and more aerodynamic shape."

Read all about it: All-New Gen 3 Factory Five Coupe - Factory Five RacingFactory Five Racing

Bill D 10-28-2016 05:40 PM

That does,it. I will be selling my roadster after it's finished and building the Gen 3 Coupe.

Ron61 10-29-2016 03:13 AM

That Coupe is a huge improvement over my old one.

Ron

monster7 10-29-2016 03:23 AM

Bill, let me know if you do so...still have my eyes open for a nice 289 :)

Blue66 10-29-2016 06:30 AM

I like the looks of it. Does this have more interior room than others ?

YerDugliness 10-29-2016 07:06 AM

That is very nice! Coyote powered, right?

If it has roll-up windows it is certainly worth watching. I think it's a winner, certainly has a great shape to it! I just wonder how difficult the build will be.

I need a strong 3+ season toy...enter a new contender :3DSMILE:

Cheers to FF!

Dugly :cool:

NewYorkGuy 10-29-2016 07:22 AM

Nice shape! Interior needs to be dressed up to modern taste and function.
Pete Brock would give it a Thumbs up!

twin turbo 10-29-2016 08:45 AM

7.5 times the torsional rigidity of the old Coupe, significantly increased interior room, increased engine room, totally symmetric redesigned body. If it's truly what it says it is, I want one!

YerDugliness 10-29-2016 09:35 AM

It seemed to me as I was surfing through the factory's website that there is a LOT of triangulation in that frame...no wonder it is so stiff ;)

It'll need roll up (or electric) windows to keep my attention, though. The factory lit says only that windows, which few use, are an option...no mention if they are roll-up or not. The photos of the interior show what looks like a fairly large door panel, so if one were an engineer there might be a way. The Superformance coupe has roll-up windows...so it's been done.

Beautiful, for sure....no doubt the dimensions are spot on!

Cheers!

Dugly :cool:

twobjshelbys 10-29-2016 09:40 AM

Nice looking, but it would be nice to see it sitting next to an original to see what liberties have been taken. If this is Coyote they are going for the turnkey build rule, but I don't think Coyote is approved for that application yet.

bobcowan 10-29-2016 10:11 AM

http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a2...psyqr0dnzd.jpg

I visited the factory a couple of months ago. Gary gave us a very nice tour. He allowed us in to the "secret" area, to see the new coupe. He made us promise not to tell anyone, though. :) No pictures allowed.

I was pretty impressed with the new chassis. Rather than modifying the existing frame, they started with a clean sheet, and did a complete do-over. 7 times stiffer! That's pretty amazing, since it was pretty stiff before. It not only looks more solid, it looks lighter (but not sure about that). The engine bay is easily big enough to swallow a supercharged Coyote.

Windows are the same as before. No roll up.

Gary also mentioned that would be building some complete cars. But only for the overseas market. They didn't want to complete with the network of builders around the US.

SydneyChris 11-02-2016 04:17 PM

good news.. says the guy with Coupe 646 (gen 3) at go kart stage.. !! guess I may as well keep going and build another.. :)

J.Jensen 08-27-2017 02:50 AM

How close is the body to the original shape?