Club Cobra

Club Cobra (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/)
-   Deep South Cobra Club (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/deep-south-cobra-club/)
-   -   Gainesville track date April 19, 2003 (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/deep-south-cobra-club/37949-gainesville-track-date-april-19-2003-a.html)

EdOrlando 01-22-2003 07:45 PM

Ruble

I am sending in my check today.

My Classic will be done by then. Just started to assemble today. Actually that is reassemble.

EdOrlando

d boothe 01-23-2003 08:33 AM

Is there room for spectators? If not, is there an age limit to the "pit crew" I went to http://www.jerryrowley.com/dscc.htm for rules and it said the page wasn't found....

dino

I found the page....it's at http://www.jerryscobras.net/dscc.htm .... It still doesn't answer my questions, though. :D

dino

aumoore 01-23-2003 02:02 PM

Dino
Do you plan to make your usual 1 lap spray down and then spectate the rest of the day? You should make a few laps in the grass so we do not get to watch the clean up crew for an hour. :)

We can have crew members and we need about 10 to 15 people to work the corners so we can have all drivers running at all times.

jmille 01-23-2003 05:29 PM

Ruble,

My check for the April event went in the mail yesterday.

Jerry Miller

Dr_lopez 01-23-2003 08:59 PM

Grugde match!!! Did I hear grudge match...I'll give you a grudge match Frank. Now that your sons might be out of the picture, It's just you and me . I'll be ready this time ( sticky tires and all that stuff) It'll be my turn to hold the roast at the Saturday night dinner...
Ruble my check should reach you by the time you read this.

For all you out there that missed it, you'll be sorry again if you miss the April event. I wouldn't miss it for the world!!!!
Best time I've ever had with my Cobra.

See Ya There

Armando

Mike I 01-24-2003 03:47 AM

Ruble,
Do you suppose we could fashion some sort of automotive diaper for Dino's car, so that he can run more than one lap this time? :CRY:

I'm thinking of some kind of industrial strength "Depends" to help with his car's incontinence....:LOL: :LOL:

Sorry Dino, it's just too easy......;)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Armando,
I didn't get to thank you personally for volunteering to work the corners late in the day on Saturday, so that the rest of us could get in some last laps. That was very decent of you, thanks very much.

Glad to see you'll be returning in April, you're a good sport and a lot of fun.

Mike :MECOOL:

aumoore 01-24-2003 05:56 AM

Dino
Your title as king of spills was challenged this past weekend by Dan Fortan and his son. Dave Niblett tried to impersonate you but he only wet down about 1/4 of what we know you and now Dan are capable of. At least Dino only spills antifreeze while Dan and Dave were spraying engine oil. Dan tried running his cobra with no oil pressure but it was none to happy with that.

If this keeps up we may be renamed the Deep South Exxon Valdez Club.

Engineer Ed 01-24-2003 05:58 AM

Ruble,
Please give me a count of deposits so far.
Supposedly there were a bunch of checks mailed recently.

Let me know how many slots are still available on Monday.

Thanks,
Ed

Mike I 01-24-2003 06:53 AM

Ruble,
Maybe we can get Joe Hazelwood to sponsor our next event...;)

I spoke to Larry Weisman earlier today, his deposit check is going out in today's mail. Please add him to your list. Thx.

Mike :MECOOL:

jlphill 01-25-2003 02:09 PM

I just watched Chuck and Marguerite West's video of last Saturday's event. GREAT! Please verify you received my check and I'm reserved for the April run. I just got my new meatballs. Thanks a lot.

Mike Braddock 01-25-2003 03:16 PM

Dino, Ed, Jim, Don, John, etc.

How are you all doing? Sorry I couldn't make it to the event in January! I've been stuck up here in brrrrrr.... Keene, NH where the highs are in the teens and the lows are...um...really low :). How's -30-degreeees? Like I said--cold!

I'm not sure if I'll be back in town by this event, but if I am, I look forward to coming out and seeing you all again (sans roadster). If I'm not then my new boss and I are going to be working on a custom Harley chopper in our spare time :D.

How many run groups were there last time? How many sessions did each group get? What was the approx. time of each session? What time did you call it a day at the track? I recall everyone leaving early due to some afternoon showers at the last event I went to. I'm glad you had better weather in January.

Have fun everyone!

Mike

flanker 01-27-2003 09:20 AM

Ed or Ruble,

Do you have an updated list of entrants for April? I am really interested in knowing if I made the cut and if Cobradoc mande it also. He is talking some stuff about getting stickier tires to run me. I told him to take the anchor out of the trunk and push the pedal on the right under his feet. I know he knows how to use the ones on the left 'cause he went slow enough to time with a calendar.

Forever Bitten
Frank H

Engineer Ed 01-27-2003 10:42 AM

OK, here is the list of drivers for April 19th:
Ed Kamptner (FFR)
Jim Pomroy (Mustang GT)
Lori Pomroy (2003 Mustang Cobra)
Tom Jones (FFR)
Mike Iodice (E/M)
David Niblet (Unique)
Chester Littlefield (BackDraft)
David Hintenlang (FFR)
Chris Allen (FFR)
Chuck West (FFR)
Terry Lee (???)
Jerry Miller (SPF)
Daniel Fortin (BackDraft)
Daniel Fortin Jr (BackDraft)
Tommy Powell (E/M)
Frank Herman Jr (BackDraft)
Ed Boothman (Classic)
Armando Lopez (BackDraft)
Deane Boothe (FFR)
Joe Smith (Midstates)
John Phillips (FFR)
Ruble Moore (Hunter)

That makes 22 drivers.
We have no more openings for the April 19th track date.
We will have two "Alternates" and a standby list.
Please e-mail me if you want to be an alternate or get on the standby list.
Alternates will be required to pay a ($50.00) refundable deposit, make the drivers meeting, Tech inspection and be at the track ready to drive.
If a driver is unable to continue due to mechanical failure or other reason, the alternate will take his place.
A portion of the deposit will be given to the driver who drops out.

Please let me know if you have any questions.
Ed
FFR1997K

terry lee 01-27-2003 02:06 PM

Gainsville 4/19

:MECOOL: I'll be there!

Eng. Ed, Ruble;
My car is a Superformance, just so you can 86 the ???

John Phillips,
Are you interrested in joining the convoy from So.Fla. to Gainsville?

Flanker,
With any kind of luck, I will have new enclosed trailer by then, if not I may rent an open one for the weekend.

Any other members from down south,
Let's start communicating to get this convoy off to a good start.
How cool will it be to have all these Cobras cruising up the Turnpike and I-75?
TL **) **)

jlphill 01-27-2003 07:00 PM

Hey Mike! Long time no see, wait'll you see how my car came out. It's quite a bit different than when you and Dino stopped by in April!

Terry, let me know when you're going and I'll try to make it. I was going to leave early that Friday. I don't know Chuck West's plans yet. Chris Bailey may be going too, as an alternate. To be honest, this is farther away than I'm usually able to plan things!

TampaRMC 02-04-2003 01:33 PM

Ed, Matt and I plan on cornering again and anything else needed.
I may even have a car by then!!! We'll see, The engine it getting ground forthe stroker kit and should be assembled by this weekend! (Tranny is in too to get a check up). So far I have the front and rear done and am running fuel lines (but waiting for the engine to determine best fit. I may be in gel coat but it its sunny and ready Im driving it!

Rich

Engineer Ed 02-05-2003 05:38 AM

Rich,
Thanks for offering to help out again.
It would be great if you had the car there.
Let me know if you need help with anything to get her on the road.
Tom, Robert and I are only a few minutes drive.

Remember to bring lunch as we will not be stopping for a lunch break.

Ed
FFR1997K

Engineer Ed 03-17-2003 06:53 AM

ttt

terry lee 03-18-2003 07:40 AM

I'll be trailering up

My new all alum. trailer arrived last night, so now I will be able to trailer up to Gainesville, Ocala, VIR, and all other events. Now all I need is a vehicle to tow it with :o . Am I the only person to go out and buy a trailer and then have to buy something to tow it with?
Anyhow, Flanker and John Phillips, we should start planning our tripup from So. Fla. Anyone else interrested in a saffari up to Gainesville you are welcome to join in. Just sign on to this thread. **) **) **)
Terry Lee
I'm so exicited!::MECOOL:

Joe Smith 03-18-2003 02:10 PM

I'm an "abort", Blast IT!!!!

Ed and Ruble, I just got my April flight
schedule and I'll have to work on
Gainesville "track day".

Arrrrrrggghhhh!!!!

Please give my position to some needy
driver. Keep my deposit for next time.

Sorry, Joe Smith