Club Cobra

Club Cobra (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/)
-   England Cobra Club (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/england-cobra-club/)
-   -   CS2130 1963 AC Cobra Le Mans development car (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/england-cobra-club/78874-cs2130-1963-ac-cobra-le-mans-development-car.html)

hurricaneharold 05-12-2007 08:16 AM

CS2130 1963 AC Cobra Le Mans development car

1 Attachment(s)
I was told recently that this is the original chassis plate fitted to CS2130,the 1963 Development car for Le Mans.As we know this car was not given a CSX chassis No as it was not intended for export.

Any info would be appreciated........:)

Nedsel 05-12-2007 09:55 AM

There is a similar plate for what is called CSX 2131, which is also listed in the AC Cars register as just CS 2131. But what is interesting is that the plates differ in style and size. One has to wonder how both could be legitimate.

hurricaneharold 05-12-2007 10:03 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Nedsel
There is a similar plate for what is called CSX 2131, which is also listed in the AC Cars register as just CS 2131. But what is interesting is that the plates differ in style and size. One has to wonder how both could be legitimate.

Very Interesting,here`s a photo of the CSX2131 chassis plate.

Trevor Legate 05-12-2007 10:47 AM

Strange - I took a photograph of that same 2130 chassis plate at Donington last Sunday during a long conversation with the cars owner. (Why is it assumed that this was a 'development car' for Le Mans..?) If I was a betting man (and I'm not) I would assume that this was knocked up by Willment Engineering since it was pretty unlikely that it originated from Thames Ditton. And why assume the chassis plate on 2131 dates from 1963 (please!!)

hurricaneharold 05-12-2007 10:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Trevor Legate
Strange - I took a photograph of that same 2130 chassis plate at Donington last Sunday during a long conversation with the cars owner. (Why is it assumed that this was a 'development car' for Le Mans..?) If I was a betting man (and I'm not) I would assume that this was knocked up by Willment Engineering since it was pretty unlikely that it originated from Thames Ditton. And why assume the chassis plate on 2131 dates from 1963 (please!!)

So wasnt this car built as a development car for LeMans? Did Willment aquire the car straight from AC? I have not assumed that the photo that I have posted of the chassis plate is the original plate on 2131 at all ,as you and I know the car was not originally given a CSX chassis No.As Nedsel quoted that he has seen a similar plate of the other photo that I posted

I also took the photo at Donington last weekend ,

Badger 05-12-2007 12:23 PM

When you can see (from the photo of the plate) that there is a real CSX 2131 why would you believe in a "development car" story? Badger

hurricaneharold 05-15-2007 01:07 PM

The FIA CSX2130 was delivered directly from AC to Willment where Bob developed it into a Le Mans prototype. The FIA Cobra was of course a front engined roadster.

This info has come directly from the Willment website,so is this BU**SH*T ?

swiftruss 02-21-2016 11:06 AM

Le Mans development car

CS2030 was taken to the 1963 Le Mans race and was the factory development car. Could this be where the confusion arises

LMH 02-21-2016 09:59 PM

CS2131 is a fast-back hardtop roadster that was raced by AC Cars at the 63 Le Mans 24 Hours.
CSX2131 is the Willment Coupe that looks much like the Shelby team Cobra Daytona Coupes. It was constructed in 64.
Larry