Club Cobra

Club Cobra (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/)
-   ERA---Speak with Bob Putnam (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/era-speak-bob-putnam/)
-   -   Food is the way to go (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/era-speak-bob-putnam/10032-food-way-go.html)

JWheaton 08-02-2001 07:47 AM

Food is the way to go

Stopped by ERA to see how my cars build was going. Well... all I can say is that my car is not even a thought at the moment. Will not be for some time. :( That does not deter me from reminding them that I need a car number. ;) Peter tells me that #666 is a hot car number and everyone wants it appearently. I tell them would not want that bad luck hanging over me anyway.

While I was their the owner of car #00 came to pick-up his car. I mention this not only because it is a beautiful car with 32K+ miles on it, but also to confirm the stories about bringing Peter food.

In walks this guy with something wrapped in tinfoil and plastic and about 2 feet long. What the heck is that??? Tenderloin:D The guy brings Peter a tenderloin!! I was going to bring donuts with me and what a sorry a$$ I would have looked like.

I can only afford ground sirlion and that is all Peter is getting when I pick up my car.

As always the guys up in the shop were great and asked how I was doing and all. Great people up their.

ERA#569 08-02-2001 08:16 AM

ERA

Yes , they sure are good guys. I cant tell you how happy I have been building my ERA. Not only did ERA give my a great machine , but I had a lot of bad luck with a FE engine I bought from a builder. I can only thank Peter & ERA for helping me with my new Builder and also giving me alot of advise when I had problems.Just ask him and he will tell you what I have been though to get this car going.These guys helped me and gave me advise from a friendship standpoint, Not just as a customer . That tells alot about ERA integrity. After you get that phone call from Peter you wont even think about the wait.I am starting my ERA for the first time this weekend !! :) Scott

Turk 08-02-2001 08:36 AM

JWheaton
Don't worry about the quality of food you bring or serve.
If you catch him at the right moment even left over pizza will get you some mileage.He'll eat anything! Remember "Mikey"!!

When I placed the order for my car, I sat there in front of him going over the option list while eating some real greasy hamburger and fries. Once in a while he'd lean over his desk and I would let him take a bite of my burger. "Front sway bar" $300.00....NOPE, $6.00 bucks.

I'd twirl my fingers over couple of fries...Pin Drives? $40.00

By the time I got done with half eaten burger and some fries, the whole car cost me $400.00. Not bad for a 427SC.
You just gotto know how to work that thing. They told me I was the 7th burger that morning. And all this right after breakfast and before 7.30 AM.
I got out of town fast because I figured if I stayed in New Britain for another day or two, it could cost me thousands in food.

TURK.

bryan era327 08-02-2001 09:11 AM

Feeding PeterP is not good for him..Bring health food instead. Bring the guys in back the junk food!!!

Jim Holden 08-02-2001 12:19 PM

A word to the wise:

Major mammal parts will get you only so far with Peter... if you want the inside secret (gained at no small expense and to be used only when hondeling major deals) try taking him a nice fresh order of nochie...* guaranteed to work. Just don't let the word get out.

Just stand back when he dives in... talk about a feeding frenzy. It's not a pretty sight...

Mort MacTavish

*Apparently you will only know what the recipe is for this Mediterranean substitute for potatoes if your grandmother's last name ends in a vowel. Looks like packaging material and, after its been around for a few days, just as effective.

JWheaton 08-02-2001 02:35 PM

Mort,

I was VERY concerned for a moment as I tried to determine what Noochie... was and why you knew so much about it and how close I would have to get to Peter to give it to him. :eek:

I was relieved that you let on that it actually is a food something or other. I got a little concerned. Don't use that word in public it will scare people away if you are not from some Mediterarium place :3DSMILE:

By the way -- what is hondeling???

Turk 08-02-2001 04:07 PM

Jim Holden
For the linguistically challenged members of our group, may I suggest that you remain closer to the everyday English. For some of us who could not discern between "noochie" and a "nookie", you had me worried a bunch!

Giving Peter a "nookie" is the last thing in my mind. I don't need anything he has, that bad. After all, I love my car as much as the next guy, but under no circumstances will I get caught doing such a thing.

My sentiments on the "hondeling" also. Other than the short trip to Maple Syrup festival, and witnessing the color of leaves of your trees turning pretty just before the annual Craftsman Sale, I know very little about your culture. I am from the West Coast. I am all for diversity, but I think I will leave it to the Easterners to "hondle" one another.

TURK

Steve Dickey 08-02-2001 04:42 PM

Peter P

I think it is a good thing Peter isn't connected to the net, or some would have an even longer wait for thier cars. In talking to him yesterday it appears as though some of the content is filtering down to him so I'd be a little careful as to what you sign your name to.:LOL: As I'm still waiting on a few pieces I'm not going to sign this. #606

Jim Holden 08-06-2001 11:51 AM

Turk:

Spy? SPY!

Would you not help a blind man see? A paraplegic to walk? Would you pass by on the other side? Any who know the subject of this thread will acknowledge the severe limitations within which this individual goes about his daily wretched existence.

Of course another theory is that given this individual's particular national heritage, he'll work to have anyone else take the "bullet" for him... case in point.

Mort MacTavish

PS: and as for diversity I'll take a pepperoni and garlic pie any day and leave the Hawaiian fruit pizzas to you left coasters...

Turk 08-06-2001 03:42 PM

Jim Holden
Hey,
Who am I to judge. Let him eat and be merry. I just have a problem when I watch a grown man ( I mean fully grown man) finish off a full meal and then ask for two scoops of coleslaw icecream to go!!

I don't know, but you have to draw the line somewhere. He should be reported to the food police and turned in to the authorities by someone closer to him.
For the sake of children!

TURK