Club Cobra

Club Cobra (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/)
-   ERA---Speak with Bob Putnam (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/era-speak-bob-putnam/)
-   -   "Daytona" style sidepipes for FIA? (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/era-speak-bob-putnam/131720-daytona-style-sidepipes-fia.html)

J.Jensen 11-23-2014 11:18 AM

"Daytona" style sidepipes for FIA?

Has anyone put the dual Daytona Coupe style side pipes on an ERA FIA?

I really like to look of the dual pipes, but are there any detrimental effects on performance vs a single pipe on each side?

Thanks

Jac Mac 11-23-2014 12:16 PM

You mean the ones like CSX2557? I put a pic up on Bill D's recent thread in 'All Cobra Talk' about exhaust issues. Google CSX 2557 pics should get photos. Wont hurt power as long as you use 289 firing order and couple up tri-y's in correct sequence.
Noise might be an issue if that concerns you. Cannot help with fitment to an ERA, like most custom fit stuff it will need to be fabricated.

1985 CCX 11-23-2014 01:30 PM

CSX2010 as well.
There would be lots of mods to pull it off.
Would need to tuck pipes into rocker panel. Kinda cool, not my flavor.
Do what makes you happy.
Good luck

J.Jensen 11-23-2014 02:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jac Mac (Post 1327248)
You mean the ones like CSX2557? I put a pic up on Bill D's recent thread in 'All Cobra Talk' about exhaust issues. Google CSX 2557 pics should get photos. Wont hurt power as long as you use 289 firing order and couple up tri-y's in correct sequence.
Noise might be an issue if that concerns you. Cannot help with fitment to an ERA, like most custom fit stuff it will need to be fabricated.

Thank you, yes like 2557 :)

DanEC 11-23-2014 03:50 PM

If you want to do the twin exhaust pipes semi-recessed into the body panel rockers I think that would be a problem. ERA has their front cowl support bowed out a little to follow the side contour of the body and provide as much foot room as possible. And then there is the frame outrigger just below the doors that is right under the body skin. A lot of steel would be in the way. Surface mount is possible I guess.

J.Jensen 11-24-2014 07:14 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Both CSX2513 (aircar restored?) and 2557 have them on the outside, not recessed like the Daytonas.
It was the first way, like two of the six USRRC car ran them - not recessed I had in mind :)

Here is 2513 at pebble beach - dont know who the photographer was, so I can't give credit where its due :/
Attachment 24708

DanEC 11-24-2014 07:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by J.Jensen (Post 1327353)
Both CSX2513 (aircar restored?) and 2557 have them on the outside, not recessed like the Daytonas.
It was the first way, like two of the six USRRC car ran them - not recessed I had in mind :)

Here is 2513 at pebble beach - dont know who the photographer was, so I can't give credit where its due :/
Attachment 24708

Don't recall seeing that exhaust system before, but it's definately a pretty cool look - I like it. You could probably downsize the pipes a little from standard dual sidepipes size and even gain a slight bit of road clearance. Go for it.:)

J.Jensen 11-24-2014 11:31 AM

RM Auctions had some historic info when they hammered off 2557 - I assume it is correct.

1964 Shelby Cobra USRRC Roadster | Sports & Classics of Monterey 2010 | RM AUCTIONS