Club Cobra

Club Cobra (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/)
-   ERA---Speak with Bob Putnam (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/era-speak-bob-putnam/)
-   -   Anyone got their car at Big B's for paint (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/era-speak-bob-putnam/142012-anyone-got-their-car-big-bs-paint.html)

dacobb 02-09-2019 10:05 AM

Anyone got their car at Big B's for paint

Wondering what the timeframe from arrival of your car at the shop to finished paint is.

desgros@vtlink. 02-09-2019 05:26 PM

If I remember correctly about 4 weeks for my Slabside. The completed paint job was exactly as I wanted. Big B's work is outstanding.

John

ERA #3010 289 Slabside BRG

dacobb 02-10-2019 05:44 AM

Glad to hear it.

My car has been there since December, and there's still two ahead of me.

I doubt mine will be done until late March at the earliest.

ACHiPo 02-10-2019 10:01 AM

It took Brandon about 8 weeks for my car, but there was some waiting for him to finish a couple other cars. I'm delighted with the pictures of the paint job I've seen. Can't wait to see it in person!

dacobb 02-10-2019 10:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ACHiPo (Post 1457999)
It took Brandon about 8 weeks for my car, but there was some waiting for him to finish a couple other cars. I'm delighted with the pictures of the paint job I've seen. Can't wait to see it in person!

Can you post some pics?

dacobb 02-10-2019 10:05 AM

One other question I have, since the car will be there for over three months, is liability.

I doubt I can get car insurance on a partially assembled car with no title, so how to handle the what if - say, the car gets damaged or stolen while in their possession?

desgros@vtlink. 02-10-2019 01:33 PM

dacobb,

I insured my Slabside as soon as the MSO was available. The same for registration, in order to keep a tax credit on a previously sold car. In addition, I expect Big B has liability insurance as does ERA.

John

ERA #3010 289 Slabside BRG

fintubi 02-10-2019 04:26 PM

Brandon did my car last year (2018) - it went to his shop at the beginning of April and came back to ERA at the beginning of August.

ACHiPo 02-12-2019 06:13 AM

Brandon's Work

4 Attachment(s)
Here are a few pictures of 824 after returning from Brandon's