Club Cobra

Club Cobra (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/)
-   ERA---Speak with Bob Putnam (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/era-speak-bob-putnam/)
-   -   ERA #389 Onto a New Home (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/era-speak-bob-putnam/143820-era-389-onto-new-home.html)

JWheaton 07-11-2020 08:13 PM

ERA #389 Onto a New Home

1 Attachment(s)
It has been 4 days since my ERA left my garage onto its new home and still regret sinks in.

I had the car for 15 years and aside from the normal updating of things the car never gave me an ounce of trouble. It always made me smile.

I knew if there was ever a problem I could get an answer from ERA. I did not buy it from them but they treated me as if I did. I will need to put my deposit down on my next ERA soon.

ERA 626 07-11-2020 08:54 PM

I agree, I had ERA 626 for 17 years zero problems. I sold it to a friend. Im hoping my CSX is as nice as the ERA in terms of handling... That ERA car out of the box was spot on... a simple alignment at the local shop and it drove perfectly...

xb-60 07-12-2020 02:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JWheaton (Post 1479595)
It has been 4 days since my ERA left my garage onto its new home and still regret sinks in.

I had the car for 15 years and aside from the normal updating of things the car never gave me an ounce of trouble. It always made me smile.

I knew if there was ever a problem I could get an answer from ERA. I did not buy it from them but they treated me as if I did. I will need to put my deposit down on my next ERA soon.

Great looking car! :)
So you're ordering another ERA? Another 427... or....? :):)

Cheers!
Glen

mrmustang 07-12-2020 04:03 AM

Quote:

Jamie,

I was so surprised the car was on the market for as long as it was. Glad it's found a new home. Can't wait to see what your next one will be like.

Bill S.

Anthony 07-12-2020 08:18 AM

Quote:

I will need to put my deposit down on my next ERA soon.

So, what are you going to order differently on your new ERA ?

Sawdust 07-12-2020 07:21 PM

Quote:

Jamie
Congrats on the sale of your ERA. I knew you had it for sale for a while. Keep us posted on your new ERA

JWheaton 07-13-2020 08:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mrmustang (Post 1479609)
Jamie,

I was so surprised the car was on the market for as long as it was. Glad it's found a new home. Can't wait to see what your next one will be like.

Bill S.

I was surprised as well. Not for trying. I had around 20 inquiries from France that were hoping it was 30 years old. At 27 years old they could not import it.

All the US buyers wanted to be in at around $35K. :confused::eek:

When possible, I would be looking at an FIA. Saving my pennies and nickles again! :)

desgros@vtlink. 07-14-2020 03:38 AM

Interesting what some US buyers wanted to pay. Quality is not inexpensive.

John
ERA #3010 Slabside 289 SB BRG

DanEC 07-14-2020 06:50 AM

I recently sold my low mileage, pristine 2003 Lightning on AutoTrader. Lots of internet trolls and tire kickers show up out of no where. First question is either what is the lowest price you will take for it or an offer of about 1/2 price. Takes a while to wade though all of them to find a serious buyer.

66gtk 07-14-2020 08:08 AM

Congratulations on the sale of your beautiful ERA. I think you will very much enjoy an FIA. I've had a number of ERA 427 cars and the FIA I most recently had was so much fun! They are all amazing cars. I think if I were be forced to choose, I enjoyed driving the FIA the most.

6TNCRZY 07-14-2020 03:15 PM

Place your order NOW, it takes years to get your car. Well worth the wait, but you have to plan WAY ahead!

patrickt 07-14-2020 04:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 6TNCRZY (Post 1479725)
Place your order NOW, it takes years to get your car. Well worth the wait, but you have to plan WAY ahead!

Or find someone higher in the queue that has hit on hard times and buy his slot.:cool: Bribing Peter doesn't work; I know because I tried.:(

Eric eberhard 07-20-2020 09:49 PM

New owner

James — thank you for the car. I look forward to many good years and hope you find what you are looking for. I am working on fixing some niggles and then lots of driving. Hello form! Eric

xb-60 07-20-2020 10:47 PM

Welcome to Club Cobra, Eric, and congratulations on purchasing ERA389. From what I know about the car, and ERA cars in general, you will very much enjoy your purchase :)

Cheers,
Glen

Chaplin 07-21-2020 07:33 AM

Beautiful car, Wheatie. I know it was tough to let it go. Hopefully the new owner will have time to put some miles on it and enjoy it.

Let me know if you need help selecting options on the FIA. :)

Stephcalo 10-02-2021 05:37 AM

Era 389

Hello,

Which year is Era 389 ? Thanks à lot

strictlypersonl 10-02-2021 05:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stephcalo (Post 1497723)
Hello,

Which year is Era 389 ? Thanks à lot

The kit was delivered in late 1993 as a roller, although the wheels were supplied by the builder.

Stephcalo 10-03-2021 10:19 AM

About ERA 389

Hello, someone in France talked To me about Era389 , but can't tell me which year this Era was completéd, i think in the nineties ,but which year exactly ? Very interesting To know, tanks à lot , you can answer me on stephanecalo@wanadoo.fr

Stephcalo 10-03-2021 10:23 AM

To be imported in France, car must .be minimum 30 years old...

strictlypersonl 10-04-2021 06:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stephcalo (Post 1497755)
Hello, someone in France talked To me about Era389 , but can't tell me which year this Era was completéd, i think in the nineties ,but which year exactly ? Very interesting To know, tanks à lot , you can answer me on stephanecalo@wanadoo.fr

"Completed" is usually legally defined as the date the car was first titled, although I think that some of our kits may been registered in the EU on the basis of the kit dates.
At any rate, as I said before, 389 didn't leave the factory until 1993 so, at a minimum won't be 30 years old for another two years.